MY MR2 ALLOYS HAVE BEEN ROBBED

Fucks sake! Woke up late today and came out of the house at 14:30, to see the garage door open and my MR2 alloys gone. Mum left house for work at 09:30, so it was during the day. Gonna go speak to neighbours now but builders down the road didn't see them, it must have been quick. I didn't hear anything either.

Nothing else was taken thankfully but this has really pissed me off! There's been a recent bout of robberies in my area (which is supposed to be a nicer area!) by some europeans apparently. Needless to say I'll be keeping a deterrent close by from now on!

Here's some pictures, the tyres are 195/50/15 Uniroyal Rainsport 2s.

20120929_161153_zps3c10c145.jpg

20120809_195925_Hagrid.jpg

Guys if you see anything online or for sale or fitted to a car PLEASE let me know! 07534045005

If anyone is on an MR2 forum or anything could you keep an eye out or post it there too please? As they might be the ones in the market for these wheels and might see them pop up

Thanks

Amjad

sorry to hear it bro, ask the local car peeps/garages....will take a few days for them to surface on the net keep an eye on the usual pikey sites gumtree/local buy and sell/facebook buy and sell etc

Thanks guys, I'm not holding out much hope but they may turn up I guess. Police have opened up a case, gonna have a chat with the neighbours a bit later but I don't think they'd have seen anything as it must have been a quick in out job; none of my tools/jacks etc were taken thankfully.

There's no CCTV on our road but it's quite busy most of the time. I'll be keeping an eye out online, but like I said if anyone sees anything please give me a shout!

Sorry to hear dude hope you manage to get them back!

Is there any scrap/weighing in places for metal in your area?

Every tom dick and hary round my area are going mad for scrap!!! no one has a job so its the only way to make that exrta money! So it might be worth checking them type of places!

Edited by micky boy

Personally sounds to well planed anyone been interested in the wheels and asked your location. Don't see anyone randomly breaking into the garage in the off chance they find something

^^ Got to agree with that, sounds like whoever took them knew they were in the garage.

Hmm if you think that's the case then maybe they'd have seen my for sale thread saying the wheels were waiting to be collected :/

No-one has asked specifics on my address and only a few local mates off here know where I live

Also there is a scrap place here but they'll be shut now, would've thought they would sell on wheels that are in as new condition?

Thats not good mate! It's a shame some europeans come here and don't treat the country with respect at all.

Fair few crimes down my end in the countryside committed by eastern europeans, some of them are proper organised as well

Scum shit fuckers man, can't keep their hands to any property but their own.

I'd go down to any local scrap metal places and take some pics with you, and just say that these wheels were robbed from your garage and if anyone comes in trying to weight em in then to let you know like.

You do get pretty good money for weighing in a set of wheels, like £50 was the last set I weighed in. Couple of sets of wheels a week and you've made a nice healthy figure.

Edited by AdamB

Thats not good mate! It's a shame some europeans come here and don't treat the country with respect at all.

Fair few crimes down my end in the countryside committed by eastern europeans, some of them are proper organised as well

What can you do :(

Good idea Adam! I'll try to pop down a few places tomorrow!

Check

eBay

Gumtree

Local cars

Mr2 owners club

But if they are druggies or scum then they will go and weigh them in for few quid!

Who knew they were in the garage / didn't they take anything else if not they came just for the alloys as they are heavy so it was not the easiest thing to steal someone must of known they are there and came specially for them?