Browner's GT Turbo with a twist... Rear wheel drive turbo starlet! <3 MAJOR UPDATES FOR JAPFEST UK! :)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so time to update yous on my recent torture lol

After scouring the country looking for a mint set of OEM fishnet Recaros for the RWD Starlet, I finally got a good set made up of bits and pieces of different sets that had come through my hands. Even still they were sent off to be re-upholstered just so they were absolutely perfect.

The seats came back looking amazing. Very happy with the work done on them.

image_zpse7dcea09.jpg

image_zpsb7b2678d.jpg

I also put my a mint GT floor carpet I had come in and some small interior bits I needed to tidy up the RWD Starlet.

Off I went and stripped the car until I realized the new carpet wouldn't fit. Balls.

Seems obvious now with the ep85 having the tunnel for the propshaft and the ep82 not having this lol.

The rails for the front seats did not fit and the back seats, after some minor persuasion ha, finally went in. I fitted a mint new boot carpet and then went to change the Rolly window regs to electric window regs and fit the matching Recaro doorcards. But yes, no hole was drilled in the door to run the loom for the electric windows through.

So now I'm left with a headache and a half dismantled Starlet but not to worry.

image_zps4cfaea30.jpg

I picked up this JDM Recaro rail for the drivers seat. It is ep85 specific and fits perfectly. It has a rather nice handle also.

Anyone know where I might get another one?

image_zps39190da7.jpg

image_zps7c60c3fd.jpg

Now it's time to take the doors off and carefully measure and drill the hole to run the loom for the electric windows.

More updates soon,

Conor.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Ive been offered quite high sums for my 85 aswell, not as much as 8 lol, but well over twice what ive spent in total, they are just not a car you can part with easy.

Conor, get a 4AGTE fired in it if you blow the FTE :) Imagine how savage it would be hahaha. Thats my dream if i ever go RWD with mine :D