High power Glanza insurance.

Hi guys,

I know theres a few threads about this but, its something thats always changing, hence the post.

One of my mates is having problems insuring his Glanza. Since its been off the road for the past 8 months, Sky now want an extra £700 for his premium for no obvious reason.

For the guys running big specs/power, who do you insure yours with? Mods and what you pay if you dont mind me asking!

Car is a Forged Td05, 300bhp and the usual extras etc etc.

Cheers

Mine was going to be sky too when it goes back on the road, but after they tried to shaft my boss for the van insurance by telling him i have a "checkered driving history" thier words, they can fuck right off! Sky are very much not my fav people right now. Avoid flux too as they are uber shite service and offered extras that wernt actualy there when the docs came through.

I'm with Sky, all mods in around £600 fully comp. They even called a week after sending the documents back to see if my certificate had come through, which was unexpected (but no the certificate hadn't and still hasn't come!)

Edited by Arnold

I cant even get insured on a standard one, but looking for a nicely modded high power one for when i can afford to insure

Cant get insured at all with mods everyone saying they wont cover me, 4 year old clean license.

Just for an exhaust £700 increase, wtf

Edited by Hawwy

27 Years old, 6 years no claims, £525 fully comp. All mods declared ( Mani, front mount, dump valve, suspension, exhaust etc ) All with Sky Insurance. Always been the best for me, but that doesn't mean it will good for everyone.

Not high powered or import but got a pretty unique engine swap.

24 6yncb

All mods declared 5000miles social an domestic (not used for commuting)

Adrian flux £500

Sky wanted £550 but never called them back to see if they could match fluxs quote.

Silly question but is it bad if you don't declare mods ??? And how far do you go bec I phone up and got told a new CD player is a mod so if u don't declare every little bit they will fuck you over plus if they were that bother why not ask for a pic of your car lol bec they are robbing bastards lol

Cheers for the help guys, i will pass this on..

Well yes, as when people have a smash and dont declare stuff its what pumps premiums up for everyone else.

Silly question but is it bad if you don't declare mods ???

Silly question but is it bad if you don't declare mods ??? And how far do you go bec I phone up and got told a new CD player is a mod so if u don't declare every little bit they will fuck you over plus if they were that bother why not ask for a pic of your car lol bec they are robbing bastards lol

I've found insurance is cheaper with mods lol

But cd players i wouldnt worry, most companies give you a few hundred £££ of stereo cover standard as most cars have them changed anyway

But yeah declare everything, that way you cover yourself if they are being picky i you had an accident