Fit it, let it idle for 20 mins, give it a few revs and let it idle. If it's stable then go for a gentle drive, if not then let it idle longer and repeat.

When you drive it go gently through the gears off boost, then again with a little boost, and gradually increasing after having driven it for 10-20 minutes. It'll fully adjust after about 100 miles

It doesn't idle tho mate. It will only run with the throttle open. As soon as you let go it cuts out. It doesn't rev up either.. I've left the battery disconnected over night. Will give it another go later on. Do you think I need to keep it running for a while how it Is?

If it can be kept running without throttle then do that. Not sure if would be anything to do with TPS or anything if it can't run without throttle? All the P&P ECUs tend to have a wobbly idle when you first plug them in but haven't heard of this before

Well it runs fine with the standard ecu plugged in so the king lead must be ok. Matey said that his was set up for running 1.2 bar. I've got pretty much the same mods so surely it should work fine from just plugging it in... He said there's some switches inside it that you can alter the a/f ratio. Don't really want to be opening it up if I don't have to..

There must be something wrong with the ecu

And your mate is full of kakka poo poo theres no switches! Also it dont matter if it was mapped for 1.2bar it should still run!

Have you tried opening the idle screw abit on top of the throttle body?

Edited by micky boy

TomsTecs ECUs can be adjusted for AFR.

At least the ones for the Altezza and MR2 can. Never seen one for an EP91!

Aside from that it should run fine.

EDIT: Are all the connections fine from your loom/on the ECU side of things? Any grit or shit got in there?

Edited by Addymk2

He's not my mate lol. I did try the idle screw, didn't make a difference.. The plugs seemed fine, ill have another look later but I don't think it's that. It came with an adapter harness which is the same plug but just g

Gives u abit more length of wiring. Ill try it without the harness and see if that makes a difference. Not looking likely tho.

TomsTecs ECUs can be adjusted for AFR.

At least the ones for the Altezza and MR2 can. Never seen one for an EP91!

Aside from that it should run fine.

EDIT: Are all the connections fine from your loom/on the ECU side of things? Any grit or shit got in there?

I have just asked my old man as he had a TOMS Tecs ecu in his MR2 Turbo and you Sir are right the AFR's can be changed! So now ill go and sit in the corner and hold my head in shame lol

If the bod you brought it off knows about the AFR screw, could he have just wound it right up? Flooding your engine instantly and causing the crappy start?

On a side note, tell your dad thanks Micky! lol

Edited by Addymk2

Just fitted it without the harness and it works fine. Haven't been able to test drive it yet as my engine is smoking really bad once warmed up :(

Just fitted it without the harness and it works fine. Haven't been able to test drive it yet as my engine is smoking really bad once warmed up :(

Im glad you sorted it pal was more thsn confident it was good was running over 200brake on my GT with it. As for people aaying its not adjustable it is on the air fuel mixture. The toms tecs ecu is one of the only ecus that doesbt have seals on it as the cover is purposly removable.

As i said on ebay inbox i would never set out to rip anyone off let alone another enthusiast and club member.

Bailey, I replied to you bro. Thanks alot mate, glad it's working properly!

Well, where do I start.. I had a glanza, rolled it then put my engine In my mates gt. It was alright apart from smoking abit and it idled high. I drove it for a bit and the smoking increased. I thought it was the stem seals so I changed them. Then to find that it was still smoking. I then went to the turbo, as the engine has had 3 turbos all together and it was showing the same symptoms as when they went. I have a hybrid which I rebuilt the other week and fitted back on yet to find it still smoking... Great.

I did a compression test on it yesterday an the results came back 163 ish on 1, 3, and 4 and showed 155 on 2. Not a great difference, been told by an ex rally engine builder it's not enough to worry about... What do you guys think?

The smoke is Bluey white, it's defo burning oil. Earlier when I had fitted the ecu it didn't smoke at all whilst it was cold then as it warmed up it started smoking quite a lot when I revved it then it started to smoke on idle. Then once it was at optimum temp I revved it and a shit load of smoke ploomed out! Really need this sorted. The ecu cured a lot of problems but not the smoking unfortunately :( I thought that some of the smoking would have been over fuelling as some of the smoke was black but I was wrong.

Take the exhaust off and pour petrol down it a few times. Then take it for a fucking good blast up a motorway to get rid of the left over shit in the system.

If youve ruled out, turbo, rings and stem seals then chances are its oil residue in the exhaust.