Hello from a lonely Paseo owner...

Hi all, I think I saw your club section at JapFest this year, and I was pleased to see some other Paseos there besides mine.

I'm based around North Hertfordshire and have seen a few modified Starlets on the drive to work so I figured a few might be members here. Also hello to ShafzC!

I will put up the photos I have so far, I haven't done much to personalise it since I bought it but the previous owner went nuts with the stickerbombing. So far I'm thinking of buying and spraying white a toyota badge for the front, I think it'll go nicely with the blue paint. Any go faster mods will have to wait until the no claims builds up but it's lowered 40mm.

Thanks all for the replies, I'm uploading some japfest pics I took right now but I'll get some of the car up after that.

It turns out one of the previous owners posted the car as a project when he owned it: http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/42885-my-daily-runabout-aka-project-magpie/

It still goes through oil like it's got a rotary engine but it's done 6000 miles with me through all weather and never missed a beat.

Haha! My old one!

She was a beast of a little motor, but she did drink oil like it was going out of fashion!

I had her as a runabout then swapped it with my mate for his starlet. Yeah the sticker bombing was a bit of a laugh, as was the whole experience of owning it!

Loved the exhaust, if its still the same it's a Glanza v system with the mid box removed. Sounded great!

Just read back through that thread, what a blast from the past!

Glad I owned one! Always fancied one, if anyone needs a daily a paseo is one of the best cheap options I can imagine!

Thanks for the replies all.

It does still have the Glanza exhaust, it sounds fantastic and yet the car still handles driving to work fine. It's at about 108,000 miles ish and runs fine (touch wood). It even managed to get down to Torquay last winter when the weather was at monsoon levels.

Edited by RichardKSavage