Thinking about buying a DC2

Wondering if anyone has went from a Glanza to a DC2 and can let me know what one is like.

How would a DC2 compare to a TD04'd V at 1bar, in terms of straightline?

I plan on starting doing trackdays, and dont want to ruin the Glanza, so im thinking about selling up and buying either a 96 spec JDM or a UKDM.

Any advice? apart from dont do it haha

I had a dc2 while i was building my glanza, great car, i wish i kept it, in terms of compared to 1bar td04, the glanza would have it in a straight line but round the corners the teg would have it, the teg was so much better to drive, awesome seating position and seats.

I would say go and test drive one and see what u think

The tuning potential on a glanza is hard to beat at the minute mate, i would invest in handling parts rather than another car! Get a good set of coilys, good tyres whiteline roll bars etc.... Can make them handle like they are on rails if you spend the money

thanks for the replies, im just thinking that in terms of track potential the Teg is a better starting point.

Which version did you have Ryan? 96/98jdm or ukdm?

Personally i think my V is too nice to strip and make into a track car, its got the lovely flocked interior and nearly mint paint. Would rather see it looked after.

Jdm 98 spec dc2 is better than the 96 as the brakes are much better, the handling destroys everything but that's why they were called the best handling fwd chassis ever made. I hated mine until I tracked it, I've never had so much grip in my life and the noise is sick... As for power I'm not sure on a standard dc2 as mines far from it ..

Test drive one first I say but show it some corners and prepare to be impressed.

U would have to spend a fortune on a Glanza to get it even close

Awesome, yea ill need to get a test drive or find someone willing to take me out.

Id probably get a UKDM as its got the brakes and stuff that the 98spec has, but its alot cheaper. I do like the JDM looks but id only have around 4k to spend.

Jdm 98 spec dc2 is better than the 96 as the brakes are much better, the handling destroys everything but that's why they were called the best handling fwd chassis ever made. I hated mine until I tracked it, I've never had so much grip in my life and the noise is sick... As for power I'm not sure on a standard dc2 as mines far from it ..

Test drive one first I say but show it some corners and prepare to be impressed.

U would have to spend a fortune on a Glanza to get it even close

What power is urs running now dude ?

I have a 220.1 at the fly printout dude bit she's mapped only to perform 6200-10,000 other than that it's dlow

Slow

Really like your motor mate any more plans for it ?

Got some wilwoods coming mate, and a hackson racing supercharger is on the books as well mate

Well I can't wait for this updates mate lol I'm sure it was urs I was watching on track and it was very impressive on the circuit mate

If I was building a car for the track it would be a DC2. In terms of a fast road car for a giggle I went back to a V.

My DC2 would have absolutely decimated my V in the corners, straight line not so much. And as a daily the lack of torque made it a nause. But on the right road when your in the right mood not much would of kept up.

You can get the things to slide like a RWD for god sake. If I had boosted mine I'd probably still have it!

So... If your building a track car buy the DC2.

Wondering if anyone has went from a Glanza to a DC2 and can let me know what one is like.

How would a DC2 compare to a TD04'd V at 1bar, in terms of straightline?

I plan on starting doing trackdays, and dont want to ruin the Glanza, so im thinking about selling up and buying either a 96 spec JDM or a UKDM.

Any advice? apart from dont do it haha

I had a dc2 and then bought a Gt td04 which was only at 0.5bar but still the driving experience in the teg was amazing man! Finally enough I do prefer my ek4 to both lll