• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I have an iPhone 5 tbh there decent but battery life is proper shite my iPhone 4 was alot better in that sense but other than that there pretty much the same as all the other iPhones just a better camera n a faster processor the 4g would prob be good on em but i don't live in a antes with 4g lol if u had a iPhone before I'd get the 5 just as its something u already know about but keep a charger near u lol

Dont have one myself but ive heard nothing but bad reviews with alot of problems with them.

Wouldnt have one either.

The likes of samsung etc are far ahead of apple in the smart phone market imo

SJBrowning 7 has one and will no doubt pop his head up and tell you all you need to know, think he likes his. I personally think the shape feels a bit long and narrow, thats just personal preference though.

Edited by WilkieGT

Windows or andriod all the way.

The samsung galaxy s3 was a far superior handset than the Iphone 5 and its not even samsungs newest handset. Pretty much says it all really. The iphone 5's processor is poor in comparison. The whole retina display thing is actually laughable when compared to a samsungs super amoled.

Apple are lagging big time. Apps all cost money, Screen is absolutely shocking its an insult, far too much limitation on the device as to what can be customised and changed.

They have put all their eggs into the basket of people buying the brand! They have also made it very difficult to not continue to own an Iphone ie. moving over your data contact etc.

Positives though. You cant take away the build quality the physical device is well built and can take a beating.

Other than that though they are a complete con. Over priced and under equipped.

Edited by StuDoc 72

Hate my iphone 4s, would rather i kept my shitty xperia x8 does everything my 4s does but cost 1/3rd as much a month.

Battery life is pretty bad on this and its not even a year old. Apps constantly closing and freezing. I expected it on my old x8 as it was an old phone running new apps but not on whats supposed to be a top end phone

Iphone all the way..

had my iphone 4s almost a year and a half now and still going strong. i use it non stop all day every day taking photos , emails , facebook , design touch ups basically everything works round my phone!

Now my mom has had a Galaxy S3 for 6 months and she says she hates it and its gone very slow.

android you may be able to customise more but it seems far more bugger than apple ( i have had both )

Looking forward to getting my next apple upgrade :)

Ooohh right,

Am I right in thinking though that you can download an app to use blackberry messenger??? Could you do this on other phones like the galaxy s4 too??

Thanks, tom.

I have no idea mate ive never tried? I dont know anyone who owns a blackberry so ive never tried lol. Do people still use that?

What about whatsapp or kik arent they better? I know they are alot more common.

Hate my iphone 4s, would rather i kept my shitty xperia x8 does everything my 4s does but cost 1/3rd as much a month.

Battery life is pretty bad on this and its not even a year old. Apps constantly closing and freezing. I expected it on my old x8 as it was an old phone running new apps but not on whats supposed to be a top end phone

I know 5 or 6 people who have moved from an iphone 4/5 to a galaxy s3/4 and have said said they cant believe they were blinded by the brand. Complete and utter daylight robbery for an inferior product.

The iPhone 5 feels and looks like its made of very good materials, they were made to be exactly what is needed, to be cool and function well. Then you look at a Samsung... Made of shite plastic, looks exactly the same as every model they have brung out and overall a piece of shite in all honesty. Samsung uses googles android operating system and that alone is the worst os I've ever seen, it's like a cheap rip off of apples iOS and it has lots of unnecessary options which is utter crap. If you want a phone that looks good and made well, get an iPhone, if not go for a Samsung. And thanks MilkieGT for giving me a mention.

The iPhone 5 feels and looks like its made of very good materials, they were made to be exactly what is needed, to be cool and function well. Then you look at a Samsung... Made of shite plastic, looks exactly the same as every model they have brung out and overall a piece of shite in all honesty. Samsung uses googles android operating system and that alone is the worst os I've ever seen, it's like a cheap rip off of apples iOS and it has lots of unnecessary options which is utter crap. If you want a phone that looks good and made well, get an iPhone, if not go for a Samsung. And thanks MilkieGT for giving me a mention.

Lol mate so literally you are paying for a phone made of good materials regardless of performance which is where the money goes.

Good buying theory you have there you will go far.

Edited by StuDoc 72

I'm still on my 4 and think it's a good phone, but I run all apple software and it all works effortlessly, I'll be waiting for the 5s or 6 though :)

I can't comment on the iphone as I have never has one, always had Nokia.

I have the Lumia 800 before and recently upgraded to Lumia 920 and I love them, they are great phone and the screens are epic, take so much abuse. Good battery life also, only thing is the lack of apps, but you have all the usual ones.

I've been using my iPhone 3GS for ages but all the apps are designed for the newer ones now and it runs a bit slow, so will get a 4S or 5 at sometime. Not going to switch to something else and buy all the apps again, especially as I like the iphone anyway.

Windows or andriod all the way.

The samsung galaxy s3 was a far superior handset than the Iphone 5 and its not even samsungs newest handset. Pretty much says it all really. The iphone 5's processor is poor in comparison. The whole retina display thing is actually laughable when compared to a samsungs super amoled.- etc.............

Depends what you want it for really. The independent reviews compare the two products (S4 and Iphone5) as quite close, pros and cons for both. Best thing to do is check them both out in a shop and see what you prefer. I don't really get why people get so anti Apple or Anti Samsung etc, they're just smart phones. As for people complaining about iPhones being too expensive, then obviously if you can't afford one then don't buy one. Don't complain about it. I don't moan about Ferrari's being too expensive, I just don't own one.

I've been using my iPhone 3GS for ages but all the apps are designed for the newer ones now and it runs a bit slow, so will get a 4S or 5 at sometime. Not going to switch to something else and buy all the apps again, especially as I like the iphone anyway.

Depends what you want it for really. The independent reviews compare the two products (S4 and Iphone5) as quite close, pros and cons for both. Best thing to do is check them both out in a shop and see what you prefer. I don't really get why people get so anti Apple or Anti Samsung etc, they're just smart phones. As for people complaining about iPhones being too expensive, then obviously if you can't afford one then don't buy one. Don't complain about it. I don't moan about Ferrari's being too expensive, I just don't own one.

Im not 100% anti apple. They make great mp3 players.

Normally the reviews say buy the Iphone for quality and the Samsung for performance.

your comparison makes no sense though. A ferrari offers amazing all round performance with luxury touches along with a pretty dress and the badge to go an Iphone on the other hand offers A pretty dress and a badge. The performance does not match it.

I could see your point if they made a ferrari then stuck a 2.0 ltr TDI engine in it fortunately they dont......

I already made my point about Samsung, terrible looking and made of shit. The OS is terrible compared to IOS. What is good about samsungs phones? Is it because they are cheap? Or is it the fact if you take your eyes off the screen it locks? That's also a very pointless feature when you have auto lock. I've used android and it is gash. My brother has the S4 and I have tried it and it really is a cheap and nasty phone. It's the same as actually comparing a Rolex and a Citizen watch, they do the same thing but the Rolex is made better. I go with quality over quantity.

LMAO Calm down son gettin a bit irate over a phone.

Personally Id say the samsungs look good along with the vast majority of peoples opinion. So does the Iphone.

The OS infact I would 100% say is better. Apps are cheaper. Its more adaptable. Offers alot more customizing options.

Also the smart stay is a great feature how can you say its shite? The screen stays lit up beyond the timeout if you are reading somthing wheres the downfall in that?

So now Ill list why the Samsungs are better then eh?

Screens? Far superior: HD AMOLED vs Retina - Theres no contest.

Processors Again far superior: Dual core 2gb vs single core 1gb

Camera : 13 megapixel vs Is it 8 megapixel?

Battery life : Better I dont know the figure for the S4 so the s3. 790 hours vs 225hours

Need I continue?

Present me with facts instead of anger in something other than a wall of text and ill maybe take your arguement seriously.

So what your saying is if anything is in a nice box youll pay lots for it? Thats good to know ;)