I have One, htc One ;-)

My last three phones have been from htc and I like them. I'm also a big fan of custom roms, because they increase battery life a lot and makes the phone usage much smoother experience. Manufacturer's sofwares are usually crap, so never judge android, if you haven't tried a custom rom :-)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have also tried the Samsung in particular and it feels cheap, I understand what it is capable of and quite frankly when I used my mates one I actually gave him it back within about 10 seconds it felt like a brick, I was not interested and the bright colours on his os made me feel like I was operating a kids phone. In fact he traded his in for an iPhone shortly after owning it. It really does come down to the individual. Price for me is not something I grudge when it comes to a device I use on a daily basis, I want build quality and im more than happy buying into a brand if it satisfies your needs. In saying that I far preffered the ergonomics of my 3s it was by far a more comfortable phone to operate than the 4 and if im honest the 5 is more uncomfortable for me. Think ill wait for the 6, forget the 5s. Also that new Sony one looks terrific in my opinion, if I wasnt moving to a macbook I would have one. I also hold nothing against Samsung I have a Samsung tv and its brilliant, its lasted 7 years very well and I will be going back to them for a new screen for my next gen console.

I would also like to state that I agree with the fact Apple are money milking bastards and under equip products then over price them relying on the brand to save them...The brand will to an extent but they need to become more competitive with their products, Apple dont feel like Pioneers to me anymore.

Edited by WilkieGT

I'm on my 2nd one now, the first was one of the first released and was terrible the button at the top stopped working the battery was shite and then I smashed it, last week I simply took it into the store and they just gave me a new one which is totally different.. Good battery and every works as it should . I miss my 4 and up until last week regretted changing.. They're ok I guess I'm just stuck into ways now

I can't comment on the iphone as I have never has one, always had Nokia.

I have the Lumia 800 before and recently upgraded to Lumia 920 and I love them, they are great phone and the screens are epic, take so much abuse. Good battery life also, only thing is the lack of apps, but you have all the usual ones.

I just got rid of my Lumia 800 for a new Blackberry 9900 and wish I still had my lumia :(

Tbh, theres no point in asking, you'd be better going to a shop and having a shot of each. You'll just get different stories. I have an iphone 5, used to have an iphone 4, the battery life wasnt alot different for me tbh. And ive not had any problems at all.

The app store has a ton of good apps, both free and not free.

Its totally your own preference. Im not a fan of android as i dont find it as user friendly and easy to use. But i wouldnt say it was bad. The size of the samsungs was a big turn off for me as well.

But go have a shot of each. Ignore the fanboy bullshit tbh, it'll just make your decision harder but 90% of it is exaggerated. Like i disagree with studoc post about the screens and how all the apps cost etc. iphone 5s processor is an a6, 1.3ghz dual core by the way, but it all depends on apps you use etc.

ive used both android and ios. They both have pros and cons.

Edited by scottyb

Tbh, theres no point in asking, you'd be better going to a shop and having a shot of each. You'll just get different stories. I have an iphone 5, used to have an iphone 4, the battery life wasnt alot different for me tbh. And ive not had any problems at all.

The app store has a ton of good apps, both free and not free.

Its totally your own preference. Im not a fan of android as i dont find it as user friendly and easy to use. But i wouldnt say it was bad. The size of the samsungs was a big turn off for me as well.

But go have a shot of each. Ignore the fanboy bullshit tbh, it'll just make your decision harder but 90% of it is exaggerated. Like i disagree with studoc post about the screens and how all the apps cost etc. iphone 5s processor is an a6, 1.3ghz dual core by the way, but it all depends on apps you use etc.

ive used both android and ios. They both have pros and cons.

So true people can only give their opinion, go try them out and form your own that way youll get the phone thats more suited to your needs ;)

To answer you question though I dont think you would be disappointed with the iPhone 5, its not a bad phone just depends if its right for you really.

Edited by WilkieGT

i had a iPhone 4 for about 3 years, i didnt upgrade as i was waiting on the iPhone 5 to come out, when it did i was so disappointed i didn't upgrade. ive since gone to a Sony xperia z and although its technically really good, its not the phone for me. i miss my iPhone, there both just very different but i like my phone to be simple and a iPhone is just that. Also the internet on the Sony pisses me off. i am constantly having to turn wifi on and off, when its on, the phone doesn't seem to find 3g

ill be 100% going back to an iPhone

your comparison makes no sense though. A ferrari offers amazing all round performance with luxury touches along with a pretty dress and the badge to go an Iphone on the other hand offers A pretty dress and a badge. The performance does not match it.

I could see your point if they made a ferrari then stuck a 2.0 ltr TDI engine in it fortunately they dont......

But again that's your opinion, as to me, I think the performance of the iphone is fine, especially when I compare my 3GS to the 4S or 5, they're worlds apart. It's just a device that does a job, and if it does what you want then surely that's enough? Like it or hate it, who cares really.

I have a iPhone 5 and love it like all the other iPhones I've had. It's better in soooo many ways than android phones. My mum has a s3 and it feels cheap and nasty.ive got a mate who fixes apple products and also Samsung and other android devices and you can really see the difference in build quality. Yh the android devices in some cases do a few more things but that's just more shite you don't need. Apple have there problems it can't be helped. But you can walk into a apple store see a person and walk out with a brand new replacement. Where as Samsung.... My mum got the s3 as said and the battery failed all they would do was take the phone back and check it (leave my mother with no phone for 4 weeks) even tho my mum told them the battery is the problem. Then they said go buy a battery if it works we will speak to the higher up assholes and try get you a refund on the parts

Edited by Kyle_R

I had an iPhone 4S, followed by a Samsung Galaxy S3, and now a Galaxy S4. I admire the appeal of the iPhone, as an out of the box package it's a pretty good phone, good range of apps and really simple to use. However once I got my Galaxy S3 I realised how mediocre the iPhone really is. No customisation, expensive applications and the screen can't hold a candle to the S3's let alone the S4. The processor is decent but then as an overall device it's not as capable IMO as the Galaxy S3/S4. This is why I've sold my iPhone and got a Jailbroken iPod Touch instead. To me this is the best combination as you get the apps and usability of an iPhone, with the better phone that is the Galaxy S3/S4. Just my $0.02.

I'm still using a 19 month old Samsung S2 on a 2 year contract. Have always loved the phone, dropped it loads of times and was still working well.

After a year of ownership however the screen started to develop black lines and the phone started to crash a lot. Saying that though, Samsung are awesome in that they have a 2 year warranty, perfect for anyone on a long contract like myself! Gave them a call, they collected the phone, replaced the screen in a day and it was back with me in no time. And that was all free of charge!

The crashing error was simply due to a dodgy battery, £4 later and it's working perfectly on the latest Android OS (which is awesome by the way). Phone is nearly 2.5 years old but I still love it! Can't wait to get an S4 come upgrade time (hopefully)

Lols can tell who the virgins are... It's a phone, does it ring out? And receive calls? Can you send texts and receive texts? Then it's a good phone!

Sent from my iPhone 5...

Lol that made me laugh.

Ive owned a windows phone, iphone 4 and a range of android phones and the reason I keep going back to android is simply because its superior

Yes iphones are nice to use but you cant even do basic things such as send something through Bluetooth which is something any basic phone can do. I didn't realise how basic iphones were until I owned one that's why I went back to android. The people who say android is shit are either too dumb to figure out how to use one or have never owned one

Windows are nice but lack too many apps

Since they got rid of the guy whos been in charge of ios design and has been replaced im hoping they make some major changes for ios7 then I might just consider an iphone as a phone on the side

Edited by b16a2

Thank you all for your responses! :D can anyone shed any light about a blackberry messenger app for an iphone or android? I'm sure I've heard of one!

Thanks, tom.

Theres a bbm app coming out for android and ios sometime this summer. No actual release date has been announced yet though. As far as i know, they're still going through approval by apple and google for the app stores. So probably be a month or two away at least.