I bring you .. The green trd

Hellloo

I'm jonny, I accidentally bought myself a gt turbo about 4/5 months ago I'm 23 and I owned a wonderfully french 205 gti which I spent 98% of my weekends fixing.

Decided to get a reliable car and so far so good .. touch wood.

It's an origional mk1 gt in some really strange green I've not found the colour code for, hence the name the green turd, usual age related marks, front bumper, etcc but there's one football shaped dent that winds me up..... damn kids. Has the glow panel, fog light in the rear clusters and ABS ? ? If anyone can tell me more about this car I'd be thrilled, I heard they didn't come with abs or the rear fog light inside the rear lense, it also appears to have Sachs shocks.

I've meshed the turbo and polybushed pretty much the whole front end, fitted grooved front disks and greenstuff pads, replaced the rear glow panel for one in better condition and chucked a set of 15" alloys on.

Anyways I'll attempt to upload a picture

Hellloo

I'm jonny, I accidentally bought myself a gt turbo about 4/5 months ago I'm 23 and I owned a wonderfully french 205 gti which I spent 98% of my weekends fixing.

It's an origional mk1 gt in some really strange green I've not found the colour code for, hence the name the green turd, usual age related marks, front bumper, etcc but there's one football shaped dent that winds me up..... damn kids. Has the glow panel, fog light in the rear clusters and ABS ? ? If anyone can tell me more about this car I'd be thrilled, I heard they didn't come with abs or the rear fog light inside the rear lense, it also appears to have Sachs shocks.

I've meshed the turbo and polybushed pretty much the whole front end, fitted grooved front disks and greenstuff pads, replaced the rear glow panel for one in better condition and chucked a set of 15" alloys on.

That green colour is my fav mk1 GT colour. Look after it matey, there rare as rocking horse shite!

Sounds like your on the right path, big improvement over French shite like that!

See here if u need any help adding pictures to your posts:

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/page/articles.html/_/club-site/sharing-photos-on-the-website-r27

Hellloo

Sounds like your in my Green Mk1 Club. Welcome :)

Haha, yeahh its almost black, a copper had an argument with me claiming it had had a black re-spray, no mate its green..

thanks guys, I love it like a bastard child.. I accidentally bought it via eBay, I saw it and put a cheeky bid, thinking it wouldn't win almost bought a Clio 172 when an email popped up saying you've won a starlet...

Picked it up of a young kid in Doncaster who couldbt insure it .. I need an exhaust system badlyyy

I'll upload some photos once I've had q shower and opened my laptop ..

ill start with the steering wheel i swopped might not be to everyones taste but i tink it feels 10x better in my hands ..

old

IMAG0171.jpg

new

IMAG0172.jpg

also when i bought it there was a lovely crack/ filler attempt on the rear panel which after much searching i managed to replace..

old

IMAG0205.jpg

new

IMAG0204.jpg

and finally the front end ..

IMAG0206.jpg

its sat on my friends driveway at the second minus a wheel bearing and excuse the uncleanlyness..

im going to remove the air con today and some other bits

and this is the front brakes .. the old disks had some nasty cracks on them the worst is pictured..

old

IMAG0142.jpg

new

IMAG0143.jpg

yeah there not that shiney now but i could seriously tell the difference when i was following my friends renault 5, going into corners i was loosing speed well quicker than him .... having said that, its a Renault ..

Edited by roachburger

Welcome, nice MK1!

Please do not hack the bumper top fit fmic getting hard to get hold off these days!!

Squeeze it behind!

John

Agreed! Find a 2" thick core, usually you can squeeze those in with careful trimming

Edited by Amjad

Looks smart as mate. Got a lot of love for the mk1 but I love my mk2 gt. and as said don't cut bumper for the front mount. I squeezed a blitz front mount behind mine. And the yellow fogs look ace I wanna do mine just gunna get a spare set first incase I change my mind

Welcome man, gotta love a MK1, especially one in near oem condition. That colour looks sweet when polished up right.

The ABS was an optional extra and someone has installed a rear fog into the cluster by the sounds of it. Much better looking than an external fog hanging off the bumper.

hahaha boys calm down i dont even own a front mount yet, im not destroying that bumper .. im slightly tempted to go for a long thin intercooler anyway make it look a little stealth ..

anyways yesterday i went a bit mad and removed the air con fixed my destroyed wheel bearing, and fucked about with the glow panel wiring for trisK

Thats my engine at the moment .. pretty standard. i hate that hks dump valve, its entirely too fast and furious, and the strut brace is bright orange

IMAG0212.jpg

all the air con bits, i could push my finger between the fins in the rad

IMAG0213.jpg

IMAG0214.jpg

a quick question about my vac pipe situation, ive removed the solenoid and link the pipes like so ..but its only boosting to 0.6, ncan anyone shed any light as to where im going wrong ??

IMAG0215.jpg

ive got this bad boy to fit aswell when my de-cat arrives from toby (thanks man)

IMAG0216.jpg

Looks well that mate where you located? If its running a standard actuator youll only be boosting at .6 which ia normal. And the manifold might be best left off those stainless one have a tendency to crack and fall to bits i snapped the turbo flange clean off mine then i went for a mildsteel one not had a problem since good luck dude!