Alarm that's Turbo timer friendly? Remote start?

Anyone know of any decent alarms that won't cost the earth? Either one that has built in Turbo timer function or allows a TT to work. Remote start would be nice!

Amjad

Hi mate send t-dog a message he just got a really good alarm and good price he will be able to tell you were to buy if think it might be a falcon alarm

Nice one Luke! Will do!

a dog?

Lol

I got a clifford concept alarm second hand off gumtree for 50 sheets! Has a built in tt, remote start proximity sensors etc was only a couple of months old and came with the box etc.

I see decent ones on there regularly.

I've got a falcon alarm system with remote start, door and boot popper and a few other things, also wired into the TT so locks itself when it turns off.

Never really heard of it but could be worth a google.

I got a clifford concept alarm second hand off gumtree for 50 sheets! Has a built in tt, remote start proximity sensors etc was only a couple of months old and came with the box etc. I see decent ones on there regularly.

Wow! How much would a alarm fitter cost to get it installed? Because I'd like the insurance certificate. How long can the TT run for?

I've got a falcon alarm system with remote start, door and boot popper and a few other things, also wired into the TT so locks itself when it turns off.

Never really heard of it but could be worth a google.

Only thing with that is that it doesn't lock with engine running so not much point in having the TT function if I can't leave the car lol

In my first Glanza I had a Viper 480xv, cost way too much but it could turbo time and lock / arm the car at the same time.

This one seems to have quite expensive prices with the remote start! :o

I can't see anything listed about TT, but I'm guessing it has an aux connection to run an external TT?

That looks pretty good, might even go for that despite it not being Cat 1. Just need someone to find an auto electrician in S Wales to fit it as the supplied prices are really cheap but fitted is £299

I have a clifford concept 650mkII that had turbo timer built in as standard. Remote start costs extra. Really good alarm, you set how long you want the turbo timer to run then when your about to take the keys out you hit g5 and unlock then take your keys out and it will run. It only works when you want it to which is good.

Be careful which alarm you choose as a cat 1 immobiliser will cut two of three circuits when it's armed; the fuel pump, ignition or starter motor. Obviously you need the fuel and ignition circuits for the engine to run.

I had a mate (who's a vehicle electrician) supply and install a new laserline cat 1 alarm for less than £150. He wired the immobiliser so there were two cuts on the starter circuit; this meant the TT could still do its job once the car was locked/alarmed.

By the way, the guy I used highly recommended steering clear of Clifford as they tend to have problems with false alarms etc. After a lot of issues with Clifford he now fits toad or laserline.

Remote start is also illegal (technically TT's are too) and apparently invalidates cat 1 status. If you do go for remote start, make sure you leave the car in neutral every time you get out!

Be careful which alarm you choose as a cat 1 immobiliser will cut two of three circuits when it's armed; the fuel pump, ignition or starter motor. Obviously you need the fuel and ignition circuits for the engine to run.

I had a mate (who's a vehicle electrician) supply and install a new laserline cat 1 alarm for less than £150. He wired the immobiliser so there were two cuts on the starter circuit; this meant the TT could still do its job once the car was locked/alarmed.

Where abouts in Surrey are you? How much would your friend charge to fit a supplied alarm with engine start and possibly turbo timer?