BIG PROBLEM :( - POSSIBLY SOLVED

GT's really testing my patience now..

Just took it to get alignment checked with the Meisters on, and this was the spec sheet

IMG_20130625_142220_zps8ed66704.jpg

Everything is generally not too bad and can be brought in, EXCEPT the front right TOE

They said that it's beyond what they can bring in on the track rod ends due to running out of thread on them. I just had them replaced with new track rod ends the other day. What can I do? :(

For those that don't know, the car was a CAT C and had damage to the front left side. The extent of the visible damage was only the wing, headlight, and some of the panel behind the light. These were all replaced and professionally repaired along with a new front chassis section from toyota. But it was suggested this impact have damaged another component on the car suspension or subframe wise.

DSC03944.jpg

IMG00667-20100829-1630.jpg

I'm hoping the problem is due to bent wishbones? But you can't really tell whether they are or not so..

Any help greatly appreciated guys, I really wanna get this sorted after the time, effort and money I've poured into this car. If I can't then I'll be forced to break it :mellow:

Amjad

Edited by Amjad

Don't really understand what you guys mean, not too technical myself :L

I'd have thought that if there was a way of doing it they would know? Also been reading about inverted track rod ends? No idea how they work but apparently they might help to counter excessive toe?

could be that the inner tie rod is bent, id start there as its not going to cost you anything....track rod off + boot off and get a straight edge and put it along the inner tie rod

IF thats ok and the steering rack bushes arent shot

it leaves the wishbones/chassis damage

you can swap over/compare the wishbones to you N/A...if you start messing with the wishbones you open up a whole new can worms in the way of the captive nuts so id try and eliminate everything else first and ensure you have a plan B

Edited by Asad