Honda B series swap!!

if your going for high power then its definitely the cheapest option, if you are doing the work yourself

full turbo kits for the b series engines can be had for under £1000 and that includes everything you need to see 400+bhp

trying to get a glanza engine to that sort of power will cost a shit load of money lol

Basically I have a Honda b16 turbo from my civic EM1, it's running well over 300bhp, fully forged engine, lightened and balanced flywheel and paddle clutch, TD05 twin scroll turbo, but just a basic remap as i had to use it as my daily for a while and the idea behind the swap is I just fancy a little project as the engine in my starlet now needs stripping down to see what damage the cam belt slipping has done, and I thought instead of having 2 cars hanging around the drive I may aswel put them together and creat something a little different. Plus I know my way round a Honda engine far better then a starlet. But I might just sort the starlet engine out it all depends on money and time tbh. Will put a build thread on if I end up doing it.

to tune a b16 to 200bhp... may as well spend money tuning stock engine...

only worthwhile if your hunting 400bhp+ £££ wise

But honda lump in a starlet just doesnt look or seem right tbh! Have some morals ;P

Agreed, don't do it lol

If you have an EM1 why would you want to pull the engine out of that and put it into a worse chassis?

In my opinion Starlets are good for two things - they are light, and the engines are good. Taking a B16 out of a Civic and putting it into a Starlet doesn't make sense when the Civic is a much better platform for 300bhp.

Look I just want a fun little car that is different. I don't care about all the Honda vs Starlet stuff so please keep your opinions to yourself. I'm just looking for some helpful advice and that's all.

That to much to ask for? Haha

This is turning into a Honda Vs Starlet thread, AGAIN !!!!!!

How is it?

No need to get uptight about it, I just don't get why you'd want to go down that route. If that's what you want then fair enough, it will be rapid in a straight line and pull much better than a 4EFTE but the EM1 is a better base car.

I'm not into this Starlet vs Honda bullshit, but I've seen both sides of the coin and personally I'd leave the B16 where it was if I were you and get your 4EFTE up and running again.

Also I'd be looking at what's actually involved in doing such a swap - wiring looms, custom mounts (engine and gearbox on opposite sides), drive shafts, it's a lot of work compared to fixing your 4EFTE.

Edited by ste91

Am not getting uptight about anything mate, i couldn't care less if a B16 was swapped into a starlet. Its a brilliant engine and theyre ment to be insane when turbo'd.

Ive owned civics and starlets and i know what car i prefer :)

The OP can do whatever he likes, its a different route to take but thats what modding is all about.

Right well I've got sort of a basic idea of a few bits and bobs, driveshafts will have to be custom, but as far as loom and wiring I'm going to try and just use everything from my civic and move it across to the starlet, as far as mounting the engine+ box goes I'm going to remove the starlet engine, remove the mounting points and weld where they were then set then honda engine in so it's flat and mark out where the new mounts will have to be located. How does that sound? It's just sort of a rough idea of what I will be doing