Bit of a random one really, my mate was on track in his ek civic last night and spun off at the end of his session. nothing bad but the car cut out and would not start, got towed back to the pits where one of my other mates hopped in and flicked this 'inertia switch' and it fired up straight away.

Anyway do ep's or any other toyotas use them, as this is the first I've even heard of them last night lol

It cuts fuel pump power if the car takes a knock, if you have a friend with a shitroen or something flick the switch to the right by firewall usually the car will crank but not fire press the button and it'll power up the pump

Edited by TurboTobz

I work in a dealer that sells Citroen and one of the old boys got me with that trick when i was working on an old saxo a year or so ago. I thought i'd fucked it haha.

That car was fucked from production mate, that badge renders any car fucked. :)

Youre telling me haha ^^^ I do the Hyundais at work (fuckin awesome motors !!) and i cry a bit inside everytime i get a job on a citroen. Last one was a duel mass on a motorway maintenance Relay... Felt like jumping off a roof man :/

Youre telling me haha ^^^ I do the Hyundais at work (fuckin awesome motors !!) and i cry a bit inside everytime i get a job on a citroen. Last one was a duel mass on a motorway maintenance Relay... Felt like jumping off a roof man :/

The run about jap cars seem very good I done a Hyundai Getz clutch a few months ago over all it seemed really well built for a basic car! A little cramped but it's a small car, the clutch release bearing was actually welded to the Pressure plate and a bit of the friction plate had melted making it a C shape lol the owner was baffled when he was shown the new vs. old and asked what's wrong with the old one 'nothing, I dunno?' lol

Sounds standard haha, am on about 3-4 boxes a week atm just on the wee hyundais. Mostly because the core plug box side is screwed in and comes loose so leaking oil into the clutch, design flaw...

Theyre so basic its unreal man. Its like working on starlets all day haha.