NO JAE. SR SAYS MY TB HAS NO GASKET!!

changed the inlet gasket and STILL she idles all over the place. blocked the throttlebody and it still doesnt cut out.

therefore,an air leak!

i need to no what else could be causin this please as words fail me to describe my frustration at this fuckin problem!

would a fucked idle control valve cause this?

please please,i dont want ANY stupid suggestions, only hard factual info that leads to the resolution of this pish.

cheers in advance

Edited by PaulStarletSR

Well the fact if you block the TB and it doesn't cut out assumes theres a leak between the head and the TB somewhere.

TB gasket? Is the face straight on the manifold? Is the head face straight? Cracked head possibly.

have you tried blocking the wax stat that is under the throttle body? there is a hole inside the throttle body at the bottom. start the car and block it with your finger and see if makes any difference.

there is also another hole on right which goes to the idle control screw on the right. block that at the same time as see if it makes any difference. make sure idle screw in screwed all the way in.

can you put a picture of the throttle body up at the moment want to see whats going on with the little vacuum ports

Edited by 5T4R7ET N/A

Checked the little rubber seal on the icv?

Tb gasket, vac lines, cracked mani.

Have you blocked off the unused holes in it? If so what with?

Urmm the power steering servo from the tb connected to the rack properly and securely?

Do you have the one way check valve in the line that goes from manifold to servo?

Just a few possible suggestions

thats a big air leak to not cut out when covered, id have the manifold off on abench and block off everything that isnt used to double make sure bud, i kow my old setup a bolt was put in the hole for iacv i might have a valve one in garage if u want it?

also if its unpluged will it defult to shut? havent messed around with these alot recently so may be barking up worng tree

Edited by yaristurbo

It will no doubt be something really obvious, these things generally are. Get a pic and a video up to see if anyone can help

aye ano mate, its a wee thing thats proper pissin me off!

im headin out to have another look at it shortly! il take a vid and pictures n update this.

i wont be as disappointed about missin JAE if i get this thing runnin right because then i wont need to rush anythin anymore n put her on the road start of nxt month,which in turn will give me time to smarten up the rolla for sale!

Or light a fag and put the butt end around all the pipes, if it tokes on it then you've found your leak. Do be cautious of any fuel lines and fuel vapor though!

Edited by AdamB

Still a maybe JAE if this solves it then Paul?

Or too tight for MOT etc?

Fingers crossed for you dude

potentially too tight but il crack on regardless but see tbh if i dont make this 1, itl only be bigger and MUCH better for next years 1!BIG BIG plans for this monster!!!!!