what the bloody hell is this

i know they made the race base version but surely not like that ? it literally has nothing in can see rusty things and them seats are not the blue recaro interiors ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Civic-EK9-Type-RX-B20-Road-legal-track-car-Integra-PX-SWAP-R-VTI-B18-Spoon-/331011004951?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4d11cb1a17

is he wanting ££ for something that its not?

Pretty sure the lightweight model came with carpets and a full interior but it was missing creature comforts, A/C leccy windows and i dont think they even came with power steering.

The RX was more for your money, alloy pedals, tints and a few other special bits. It was kinda a last hurrah for the dc2(not sure if they did an ek9 rx?)

The light weight model came with seats and carpet, But no air con, abs, windy windows and no luxuries lol,

Not a great model (Imo) , also didnt come with recaro's as standard!,

Tbf if you have just spent 6k on a ek9, why the hell would you put shitty bucket seats in?, At least invest in some decent seats lol.

I just didn't know if it was one of them people trying to say basically a stripped out car was worth loads, I know they did a race base but not looking like that :s they had sporty recaro style seats in blue, not them ones tho there universal eBay specials I should know I had some back in the day an for the glass god knows. Just wondered if the lad was trying to sell a knock off for a silly price :)

rumours have it Type R's have thinner glass than normal models. whether its true or not isn't know and most people joke about it lol

They do indeed, front window i know is fact anyway! Mate had to replace his but autoglass had to get them and it was 500+! So a standard one went in instead lol. Dunno about the other windows but!

Edited by kavan-k

came with thinner glass in the windows, no sound proofing, steel wheels, everything that was dead weight was removed and there was a little more seam welding then even on the type r. I think they're actually illegal on the roads in malta due to them beeing deemed a little OTT.

They do indeed, front window i know is fact anyway! Mate had to replace his but autoglass had to get them and it was 500+! So a standard one went in instead lol. Dunno about the other windows but!

DC2s are the same, my mate shit himself when he cracked his screen and got the quote lol

Haha that's a right effort, I can't see how they justify a price like that for a screen tbh, it's mental! Suppose its just because of the sheer rarity of them, there's only 3 1985 Civic GTs left on the road, had the windscreen changed the other day and auto glass have 9 left in UK stock!

They need importing as they are tinted glass and only misti JP sells them. if you werent that bothered you could use proton satria or normal colt windows but i suppose you pay for insurance on a imported car you want it replaced with Oem stuff!

And if i were you id be buying up a couple of them as spares haha

The bloke told me the blue recaros where removed and these expensive ones were fitted as there fia approved for the track my reply was bollocks I also asked what's goin on with the bolts and studs on the mani his reply was they were half way threw fitting in and decided to take the picture lol

• 2 weeks later...