Dan507's White Glanza V

I Thought it was about time i upgraded. :)

10125627995_47ebfc979e_c.jpg

10125586085_355008fbf9_c.jpg

10125641866_e5fc814e74_c.jpg

10125755453_d35f7c0bdc_c.jpg

I'ts a pretty clean car but it does have some issues, there is a dent in the rear drivers side quarter and some stone chips on the bonnet. the bloke who had it before only used it as a fun car and i didn't get used much so he decided to sell it. He bought it from a girl who done all the modifications on the car. The Car has lots of Tuning development stickersall over it so it must have been well looked after.

The car keeps on hitting fuel cut so I've turned the boost down for now but it still goes pretty well.

Spec:

HDI front mount
mild steel manifold (WEPR i think)
Unknown decat
Blitz dronespec Exhaust
Magnacor leads
HKS actuator
cold air intake (uknown)
Koni shocks
Buddyclub P1 wheels
HKS Turbo Timer
Baileys dump valve

That's all i can remember at the moment. The car has some really chavvy blue Side lights which need to go and it also has all the wiring for a bad boy sub, which also need to go. It also has two boost gauges and a oil temp gauge which isn't wired up which are all in some dodgy looking pillar pod which needs to go.

Firstly, the car needs a service so that will be on the top of the list. I also need an FCD
as fuel cut takes the piss. i'm also going to give it new discs and pads all round as the current ones could be better.

what do you guys think :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good Dan!

I hope this doesn't lead to the sale of the S tho! Its a minter!

There too fun not to own! Either of them!

Be careful with the FCD, if its hitting fuel cut, sort this out, don't remove the protection. Or your going to be ending up with blown pistons!

Looks really nice. Optional splitters has to be next on the list after the service

Thanks mate, I'm not a fan of the oe splitters but it will be having some form of splitter :)

Looking good Dan!

I hope this doesn't lead to the sale of the S tho! Its a minter!

There too fun not to own! Either of them!

Be careful with the FCD, if its hitting fuel cut, sort this out, don't remove the protection. Or your going to be ending up with blown pistons!

Thanks Matt, i'm pretty sure i saw you on the M40 on my way to go get it to.

The S will be for sale shortly i can't warrant having 3 cars.

I am having second thoughts about the FCD i might get a E-Manage and take it to TD to get it set up. At least i know the car will be running right. At the moment it's quite weird. it's hitting full boost at around 5k and pulls really hard in till the redline or fuel cut. it's unlike another turbo car I've'e been in.

Thanks Matt, i'm pretty sure i saw you on the M40 on my way to go get it to.

The S will be for sale shortly i can't warrant having 3 cars.

I am having second thoughts about the FCD i might get a E-Manage and take it to TD to get it set up. At least i know the car will be running right. At the moment it's quite weird. it's hitting full boost at around 5k and pulls really hard in till the redline or fuel cut. it's unlike another turbo car iv'e been in.

Gutting hope u find a good home for the S!

Yeh, when? What was you in?

Chances are the CT9 that's on it will be goosed, cracked around the gate port... Causing boost creep. So previous owner has wound actuator right out to try and stop it creeping too much... Causing your shite spool!

Gutting hope u find a good home for the S!

Yeh, when? What was you in?

Chances are the CT9 that's on it will be goosed, cracked around the gate port... Causing boost creep. So previous owner has wound actuator right out to try and stop it creeping too much... Causing your shite spool!

Hopefully! I was in a range rover mate. I doubt you would have seen me.

i don't like the sound of this. :/ i'll check it out after work.

Chances are if you fit the original efi induction pipe back on, it will no longer boost creep...

I don't have it Matt, I understand what ive done now though, the actuator doesn't actually adjust the boost does it, it just adjusts the peak time. I've adjusted the peak time to be 5k. at 5k the boost is at 10psi and slowly creeps up as the rpms increase so dose the boost therefore... fuel cut!

Is there any other was of preventing boost creep?

I think the V should be a donor for the S ;) that way you get boost and keep your baby :D

james

No! as much as i love the S i think it's time for a change.

I don't have it Matt, I understand what ive done now though, the actuator doesn't actually adjust the boost does it, it just adjusts the peak time. I've adjusted the peak time to be 5k. at 5k the boost is at 10psi and slowly creeps up as the rpms increase so dose the boost therefore... fuel cut!

Is there any other was of preventing boost creep?

No! as much as i love the S i think it's time for a change.

On a turbo this small it effects both the peak and how it builds it!

To fix boost creep youd need to go external gate... or..... machine out the wastegate port inside and fit a bigger penny...

tbh tho, id recommend td04 rather then messing about and just run a td04 at 0.6bar and enjoy the performance...

0.6bar on a td04 would feel unreal compared to your S or rx8!

On a turbo this small it effects both the peak and how it builds it!

To fix boost creep youd need to go external gate... or..... machine out the wastegate port inside and fit a bigger penny...

tbh tho, id recommend td04 rather then messing about and just run a td04 at 0.6bar and enjoy the performance...

0.6bar on a td04 would feel unreal compared to your S or rx8!

ah, i see. this sounds like a lot of work. Wouldn't engine management fix this though, like a JAM ECU for example

I would like to try and keep the stock turbo. if i go TD04 i can see my self getting carried away. plus i dont have the funds. lol

ah, i see. this sounds like a lot of work. Wouldn't engine management fix this though, like a JAM ECU for example

I would like to try and keep the stock turbo. if i go TD04 i can see my self getting carried away. plus i dont have the funds. lol

A JAM ecu, will remove the fuel cut... It may well be ok up to 1bar, but it may over boost higher then 1bar... Try it n see!

You wouldn't need an ecu to ruin 0.6bar on a td04....

Its easier then you think and not that costly if you pick up a kit 2nd hand in the marketplace for the right price :)

..or restrict the inlet or outlet. Another option is putting a restrictor ring in the exhaust, then raising the boost back up to a solid .7/.8 bar with an EBC. Its surprising no one really uses this method on starlets.

But yea just go td04 ha.

Happy days Dan, she looks clean!

An ECU will sort your problems but cheaper fix is to just get hold of another CT9, port the wastegate out and HKS actuator to set boost below FC

Cheers mate.

I plan on getting some sort of management if the future so i might as well get it now :) Ill keep that idea in mind though

..or restrict the inlet or outlet. Another option is putting a restrictor ring in the exhaust, then raising the boost back up to a solid .7/.8 bar with an EBC. Its surprising no one really uses this method on starlets.

But yea just go td04 ha.

that's not a bad idea, i have a filter sock from my AEM on my RX8, i'll put that on it and ill get an exhaust bung. that should work for now.

About time you got a proper turbo'd starlet mate :)

Looking forward to seeing this evolve if it's anything like the rx8 it'll be awesome.

Cheers mate. this is only my daily mate. It wont be too crazy lol :p

I've ordered a fast road package from TD

10297962884_e7039c16f3_c.jpg

Had it fitted on saturday

10298000185_7810b8b5a8_c.jpg

New discs and pads on the rear too

10298132723_e02935b17e_c.jpg

Decided to swap the suspension over form the S on Sunday

10297945134_981e651be7_c.jpg

Even with 16k miles on them they're in still good shape. The overall stance hasn't changed much i'll get some more photos soon.

Oh, i also gave her a service too @ 135941KM for reference.

I'm considering getting rid of the blitz exhaust as it's a bit too loud :/

I've done a few more thing this weekend, I de-wipered the rear. I've stolen a Recaro from the RX8 and fitted that along with a Bride Seat rail. I've also stolen the Nardi steering wheel and fitted that too and I've just bought a JAM Splitter from Idrees. :)

Plan are to fit the splitter and tint the fogs yellow and that's the front end done. I'm quite tempted to do the whole JAM kit in the new year... We'll see.