Bitcoin / The Silk Road

Am i way behind the times? I never heard of this site before, i know its closed down now but how mad is that site! Im not a drug taker myself but when it comes to hacking etc.. Im interested! And this blew my mind, you go on with a secure web browser that you download, then get a proxy thing, then to buy stuff you use 'bit coins' an untraceable currency you buy, had a good read up about it there and its well crazy! If you haven't heard about it go have a read, you could buy just about anything illegal, and all totally untraceable from the law and apparently it was active for over 2 years :o they turned the post man into your everyday drug dealer, and now there are more sites like it! This probably will be old news or not interesting to most, but those who are its worth a read lol

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen the new one "sheep marketplace" gonna get the laptop on and have a look later! Im amazed i never heard of it, three years and the site generated 1.6 billion dollars, and the guy that run it made 80million dollars!

>http://youtu.be/eLOSVAJH2ks

Had a look on that sheep marketplace ther it's a load of crap everything is quite expensive and ther isn't much you couldn't get over here tbh don't see y you would risk getting things like that online.. like who's gona give some site 3k to post them a gun haha still a bit crazy

The value of bitcoins as a currency fluctuates a lot.. One day one can be worth £25 and the next day it can be worth £175. A lot of money to be made if that's what you're interested in.

Also as this is an online currency it doesn't technically belong behind any state lines or boarders so doesn't really have any laws governing over what you can buy.

Also there was a case in America where it was consieved that the use of a bitcoin to sell a gun to a guy without a license was thrown out of court because it wasn't declared as a national currency so he hadn't technically paid for it.

Tom.

Edited by 1991 starlet owner

The guy in my college class was on about this and he was looking up stuff you can buy and the next week he got arrested for being on one of the sites cause think he wrote a comment or something so these sites must get monitored all the time.