Bitcoin / The Silk Road

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Are you getting good results with the asic miners mate? thats a nice set up!

Also is the raspberry easy enough to work and set up?

Doing 75p per day at todays rates.... but hey, the rate BTC is going up... Could be a lot more.... Its now $640!

TBH, it uses next to 0 power.... Compared to GPU mining which uses colossal power...

Its making money out of technically nothing?

Basically a cool project for me that's a term of future investment in a way... I find it interesting!

I have no clue about any of this but can BTC be transferred into and usable currency ??

Too Right It Can!

Back track is awesome in the right hands, free wifi lol. Rasperry pi's are also awesome, and very cheap for the capability and size

rPi are like £20 lol WIN

Look at the feedback: (too cheap to be true)

15 Nov 2013 20:37

The seller never shipped the item on time.. Alibaba is saying i should be getting my refund soon.. but sucks it looks like i will be out my money for 2 weeks

13 Nov 2013 20:44

Don't mess with these seller !!! It is but a liar and a crook ! Appeal to the administration Ali Express , please remove this rogue and not let us deceive people !

Been looking into and researching mining For about a month now. Already got a rPi for messing around on from months ago. Might get a setup like this running. Alot of talk about wether the cost of mining on this scale is more efficient than just buying and selling coins. But with the massive changes in BTC prices its hard to tell...

Been looking into and researching mining For about a month now. Already got a rPi for messing around on from months ago. Might get a setup like this running. Alot of talk about wether the cost of mining on this scale is more efficient than just buying and selling coins. But with the massive changes in BTC prices its hard to tell...

Your always best of buying bitcoin... obv... But I don't have the time for that :)

Mining you just set it going and go about your life and watch your wallet go up and up

Sod it, going to order 7 of the aliexpress ones = £11, if they come happy days, if not claim on my credit card. Must be worth a punt.

The guys selling other items at unrealistic prices too, all with the same negative reviews (considering these are $2500 machines) = http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/50-GH-s-Bitcoin-Miner/736978_1334880690.html

If you haven't already ordered them, don't bother, waste of time.

Edited by vizzioarts

Hmm so what the kit list you need to get this running and is it cost effective?

Peter

socks could u pm me a list of things I need as I looking to do this for a side project also to fund the car in the long run if the rate rises etc

also just any info on the bit coin

From what I can tell what you will need is:

Raspberry Pi ~ £30

Powered USB Hub ~ £20

USB ASIC Miners ~ £25 each

Depending on the amount of USB Miners you add, varies the speed you can mine. Therefore: ~£200 all in should set you up with that setup with 6 USB miners.

At the current speeds (difficulty) and bitcoin value it will take the most part of a year to get your money back. Then profit after that. However if you collect the coins and don't cash in, In a years time they might be worth x2 of what they are now, but that's a gamble. Bearing in mind, difficulty also increases over time. Plus electric bills having this running 24/7. However with the Pi setup, electricity usage is very minimal.

All in all, it will generate money, but with this machine the best part of the first year will be covering your costs. Its really a gamble.

P.s. Bear in mind, you will need a keyboard/monitor to setup the Pi with software etc. Plenty of info out there for mining bit coins too.

From what I can tell what you will need is:

Raspberry Pi ~ £30

Powered USB Hub ~ £20

USB ASIC Miners ~ £25 each

Depending on the amount of USB Miners you add, varies the speed you can mine. Therefore: ~£200 all in should set you up with that setup with 6 USB miners.

At the current speeds (difficulty) and bitcoin value it will take the most part of a year to get your money back. Then profit after that. However if you collect the coins and don't cash in, In a years time they might be worth x2 of what they are now, but that's a gamble. Bearing in mind, difficulty also increases over time. Plus electric bills having this running 24/7. However with the Pi setup, electricity usage is very minimal.

All in all, it will generate money, but with this machine the best part of the first year will be covering your costs. Its really a gamble.

P.s. Bear in mind, you will need a keyboard/monitor to setup the Pi with software etc. Plenty of info out there for mining bit coins too.

Bang On...

Few different ways of looking at it mind..

1, you still have the hardware. So you could sell them back off at any time... So not really spending, sort of holding your money...

2, payouts are small, but bitcoin has doubled in the last few weeks. If it gets on to a stock exchange or a big player starts accepting it.... There will be a lot of millionaires out there!

Interesting stuff... Ive spent less then £75 on my setup... Already £8.78 with these USB asic's in 2 weeks...

I currently have about 5BTC in my wallet... Do the maths... Its grown to be an alarming amount now!