Bitcoin / The Silk Road

Bang On...

Few different ways of looking at it mind..

1, you still have the hardware. So you could sell them back off at any time... So not really spending, sort of holding your money...

2, payouts are small, but bitcoin has doubled in the last few weeks. If it gets on to a stock exchange or a big player starts accepting it.... There will be a lot of millionaires out there!

Interesting stuff... Ive spent less then £75 on my setup... Already £8.78 with these USB asic's in 2 weeks...

I currently have about 5BTC in my wallet... Do the maths... Its grown to be an alarming amount now!

Nice amount of coins! If as you said a big player starts to accept it as a viable means of payment, It will skyrocket to god knows what height. Already spiked recently only because the US congress have taken a big enough interest to talk about it. If someone like amazon/ebay/paypal start using it as currency. It could double/treble within days.

Very interesting to see where this goes!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the most money anyone had ever made to date doing mining in this way?

Just another question you might be able to help me with is that instead of mining for bitcoins as it can be time consuming. Can I invest and buy some (if so where from a trustworthy source) and hold on to them hoping for them to appreciate eventually. Would this be a good way in terms of investment?

Edited by Ep'd

What is the most money anyone had ever made to date doing mining in this way?

Its almost impossible to say. If you started early you could have mined more coins at a lower difficulty, which today would be worth alot more. If you start now you will not mine as many, and in turn your work won't be worth much. But if you kept them who's to say in a year's time they won't be worth x10 what they are now.

With numbers

1 year ago, mine 1 coin. It was maybe worth £10.

With the same amount of work you might only mine 0.02 today. But coins are worth £500+. So if you Sold, you would still only make £10.

However If you kept your coin from a year ago it is now worth £500+ to you. So its possible in a year's time that 0.02 might be worth alot more than £10.

So its impossible to say who has been saving and who hasnt and the potential this machine can make.

All in all, if you sold as you mine, you won't make much. Maybe £4 a week.

Its almost impossible to say. If you started early you could have mined more coins at a lower difficulty, which today would be worth alot more. If you start now you will not mine as many, and in turn your work won't be worth much. But if you kept them who's to say in a year's time they won't be worth x10 what they are now.

With numbers

1 year ago, mine 1 coin. It was maybe worth £10.

With the same amount of work you might only mine 0.02 today. But coins are worth £500+. So if you Sold, you would still only make £10.

However If you kept your coin from a year ago it is now worth £500+ to you. So its possible in a year's time that 0.02 might be worth alot more than £10.

So its impossible to say who has been saving and who hasnt and the potential this machine can make.

All in all, if you sold as you mine, you won't make much. Maybe £4 a week.

That's had really helped thank you for that advice. In terms of my second question;

ust another question you might be able to help me with is that instead of mining for bitcoins as it can be time consuming. Can I invest and buy some (if so where from a trustworthy source) and hold on to them hoping for them to appreciate eventually. Would this be a good way in terms of investment?

I have just opened a Bitcoin wallet and have claimed a free Bitcoin. Just trying to get started :)

That's had really helped thank you for that advice. In terms of my second question;

ust another question you might be able to help me with is that instead of mining for bitcoins as it can be time consuming. Can I invest and buy some (if so where from a trustworthy source) and hold on to them hoping for them to appreciate eventually. Would this be a good way in terms of investment?

I have just opened a Bitcoin wallet and have claimed a free Bitcoin. Just trying to get started :)

Yes you can buy sell just like shares, which is more profitable, but time consuming, compared to letting a miner work in its own.

And a free coin? That's worth $500 right now? What wallet is that from?

I be opening a wallet tonight what web site you use ? And also socks 5btc is 5 coins ???? I done a cunnency check and that worth approx 1927 Gbp . How long did it take u to get 5 coins and if I didn't want to mine where a gd site just to buy coin as I got some savings to invest

2 months of GPU Mining...

Followed by 2 weeks of USB Asic Mining...

Yes you can buy sell just like shares, which is more profitable, but time consuming, compared to letting a miner work in its own.

And a free coin? That's worth $500 right now? What wallet is that from?

It's not a full coin. Every hour you can claim a percentage of a coin. Here you go

Block chain for the wallet

And

Daily bitcoin for the percentage.

I'm gonna build a rig very similar to yours Socks and crack on with mining.

I've read that GPU mining isn't really worthwhile any more, but I had an old PC with a decent-ish GPU, reckon I could use it or any of the PC alongside a new rig? It's only spare hardware that otherwise I won't ever use..

I'm gonna build a rig very similar to yours Socks and crack on with mining.

I've read that GPU mining isn't really worthwhile any more, but I had an old PC with a decent-ish GPU, reckon I could use it or any of the PC alongside a new rig? It's only spare hardware that otherwise I won't ever use..

Maybe. Have a look at a gpu chart, see what MH/s yours outputs. Considering the miners are 350MH/s each. It might not be worth your while considering power usage of a full pc can be costly. There are calculators out there which can work out your efficiency.

Anybody hear about the guy in the news, threw away his harddrive with over £4mils worth of coins on it?

Guess this is why you should keep a safe copy of your wallet pahahahaha

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2013-11-28/james-howells-bitcoin-hard-drive-landfill/

Saw this earlier forgot I was going to post it, would love to meet him, I'd simply say... "uMad?"