MIKEY4410 1998 STARLET SPORTIF TURBO--rear cambered terror------

also had a fresh MOT on the third of this month and it flew through with no issues at all.

just shows the high levels of maintenance that go into this car !!!!!!

next plans are to change the standard td04 actuator for an hks actuator with a bit more strength.then it will need modifying to fit obviously

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE......

fitted a ct9 hks actuator that i got from kieran liggins for £20 delivered and its in superb condition.took a few little tweeks and a new hole and here we go...

ct9act2_zpsab5457ea.jpg

ct9act1_zpsd7326c94.jpg

i have fitted this to adjust boost via just the actuator as i feel its the best way,its definatley not the easyiest way to do it because everytime it need loading up to up the boost pressure i need to get under the front of the car and remove the "e" clip and then screw in the arm half a turn each time.

maywell take a few days of driving to work etc to get it right but once its done its done then.

i have removed the gizzmo boost controller as its fucking wack. kept going over what i set it to with gain only on setting 4.luckily i had always kept a close eye on it and it never went to far past 0.75 bar.

my advice is dont by a gizzmo,there shite,spent months trying to get it to work to no avail

Edited by mikey4410

Your not to far away then. I'm in Ashford Kent. Yes I bet it is. Already had a GT turbo. And Glanza. GT Was 250bhp forged with ct20 hybrid. And Glanza was 190bhp. Spent to much money. But now I want to convert a N/A. Is it hard or not ? I have a rough idea how to do it. What stuff do you need. Just checking make sure I got everything lol

Edited by Starlet Wayne

update......

continued to upgrade ignition system after an intermittent misfire issue appeared randomly.not only issues around 2000 rpm but fully cutting out on occasions which is no good.

i had a look at the coil pack and found this

20140413_190815_zps9452407d.jpg

20140413_190834_zps5b50295e.jpg

20140414_161013_zpsa92fd73a.jpg

ordered up a new coil pack and leads by the company "blueprint".i got trade price and it was £100 for the both.

20140414_160400_zps2c68b8a0.jpg

i also cleaned up all the mating surfaces to the main coil meatl and the chassis it sits on.

will report back and we will have to see if this fixes my issues.

lol ,eh yeah i mean the car feels alot better and i am hoping thats it now.

as for it taking a knock i remember seeing a tiny lil crack last june on the side of it when i did an engine conversion / swap.

i defo didnt knock it at all as i took so much care when putting in the turbo engine. its very rusty all around the whole coil so i am guessing the constant hot and cold around engine bay has caused moisture to build up inside it and has gradually split it open.

even the little chassis the ignitor and coil sit on was rusty and corroded,took me a good few hours to fit up new coil to chassis as all bolts were seized up bad and i cleaned the chassis up.

well worth doing and as i said hopefully its all good now,does pull and rev up noticably better