MIKEY4410 1998 STARLET SPORTIF TURBO--rear cambered terror------

Update

after having a td04 for a while now I am getting a bit bored of the laggyness of it.

people are like td04s aren't laggy etc etc but they arent at full boost at 2,500 rpms are they.

basically if I were doing a trackday I would want a ct9 or ct9 hybrid.

the only issue with that is ct9s have an over boosting habit because if there tiny wastegate.

so I decided I wanted a ct9 hybrid and also it had to be externally gated.

sourced a complete unit of off 2333ricky in ireland.

looks to be a great kit and am looking forward to recieving it very soon hopefully, maybe tommorow

I have sold my whole horrible td04L setup and want to progress on with this new USABLE setup to give USABLE power.

the thing with the ct9s is that they are made for these engine and work very well with them.

I am excited to find out and try to remember what a ct9 is like.yes I am aware theres goin to be a small sacrifice of top end punch but I am cool with that i really am.

will update with piccys when I receive unit.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome build mate....love your attension to detail.

What boost were you running the td04 at?.

Also how much power would that size fmic be able to support?

Edited by Devs313

Yes mikey, I have kept my gt bone stock with ct9 tmic and efi pipe. The response is great I remember when I had ct9 on my glanza, I took efi pipe of and it made a huge difference. I think it's at full boost by 2k rpm lol

Update :

So I recieved my new second hand full hybrid ct9 setup from 2333ricky in ireland.

It includes a

speed vison hybrid ct9 turbo

Zisco ext wastegated ram horn manifold

Zisco decat

Unbranded external wastegate

Its not done much work apparently either which is a bonus.

20140712_192333_zps7a5869fe.jpg

I had to reroute my intercooler piping on cold side.its just temporary for now as I can get the routing straighter/more efficient.

I have taken the car out, I am only boosting to 0.57 and it does go well already. I want to run just under a bar.might get a dastek uni chip soon.

Boost comes in alot earlya now and I am much happier.

• 4 weeks later...

Update. The hybrid was a dud so had to source a stock ct9 which I am now running at a bar.

I have replaced all valve stem seals as of friday just gone .did the rope down the bores method and went well.

took a good few hours to do but at least its done.

I have smoke at idle still but comps good as always, no oil deposits on plugs at all so must still be turbo issues just like the hybrid.

smokes after 10secs of idling , not to bad but will get it sorted at some point, the car goes like a rocket now at a bar of boost and I am just enjoying it so much more now the turbo isnt laggy.

• 1 month later...

Nope just the rocker.thanks for comments

wouldnt ever paint the mani .not something I would do.

the paints for touching any panels etc in future if need be really. But I thought It would look good doin rocker. Still got half a tin so its all cool.

UPDATE.

as I wouldnt mind doin brands hatch at end of year I had to get the screamer pipe re-routed into the main system as it was way to loud, I did however have a lambda bung welded in the screamer re-router so it can be removed or screwed in for a tiny bit of extra noise when not on track.

Also I had the exhaust tail pipe re-done as I was bored of it sitting downwards to the floor.

Lastly I had a flexi-pipe welded In as I never had one fitted and whole system was rigid.its been fine as the engine doesnt move because its polybushed but still I finally got it sorted.

Heres the piccys

IMG-20140925-WA0001_zpscfb2566d.jpeg

20140925_104944_zpsaa5c70ea.jpg

20140925_112137_zps262f6dde.jpg