MIKEY4410 1998 STARLET SPORTIF TURBO--rear cambered terror------

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I will because of the lag in comparison.

but I do miss the kick in the nuts the td04L gives.miss it bad..........

and nope I just run a mbc as I have only ever had a gizzmo boost controller which cost me alot of money and it was shit and didnt work. its put me right of them.mbc dont go wrong.

hows u monster build goin socks ??

Edited by mikey4410

You may be able to counteract some of the spool/loss your not happy with with a decent ebc Mikey! Apexi AVC-R i couldn't recommend enough!

As for the Gizzmo. I've heard mixed results. they either work perfect or work shite!

Its going good buddy! be more updates on that next week!

ok thats good to know that there are ebcs that do work out there.i will consider getting one defo.cheers for advice

yeah I heard alot of crappy stuff about them and wouldnt ever get one again now.

glad ure progressing well with it. best of luck and all the best to you sir. :-D

As above a good quality ebc will help to get rid of some spool. Had my fair share of turbos and set ups now and despite being on the hybrid gt28 now I'd have to say the best set up for a starlet is a td04 with a good ebc and proper tune on it. Gives the prefect balence between lagg and power and really doesn't cost more than a decent ct9 set up.

yeah I have had ct9, ct9 hybrid, and td04L and the most fun is td04. the best usable one is by far hybrid ct9.

but that being said I haven't ever driven a properly tuned setup td04 starlet with a map and ebc....

I have heard it makes huge difference.

so went out tonight and went into london for a drive and sight see with a mate of mine.

setup my fueling on the way there and back and its happily setup to 11.1 WOT .

boost is set at 0.94 bar and hits it each and every time in third gear.left it at that as it allows for any over boosting etc and is safer.

will prob check it again in next few days just to confirm and then will sell the gauge I think.

the difference is huge power wise.pulls like a slut and goes really really well. but FULL boost doesnt come in until 4,200 rpm but I dont mind.im happy.

Edited by mikey4410

I have read quite a few times that 4k is around right for a bar on a td04L ??

by "tweaking" u mean a proper tune/map on a piggyback etc ? .

Mine wasnt mapped and was a bit under 4K to hit 1bar TD04L. The Apexi AVCR made the most difference, the exhaust system including mani and downpipe were heatwrapped, and the intercooler route was pretty short with a reasonable size core.

Best bet is to get a decent EBC and have a mess about for a few hours, makes the world of difference.

ahh thats very very kind words there.thanks alot.

yeah it is a very clean car underneath (no rust and undersealed) and paint wise (always washed& waxed )look after her like mad.

appreciate the words ;-)

Edited by mikey4410

really busy day today. spent 8 hours removing all the sound deadning , then preparing/masking and spraying colour match paint.

my back is really aching now lol but its come out superb and real happy.

before you ask, no I am not stripping out interior. just carpet and sound deadning, I dont want to remove any of the the rear end as the cars pretry well balanced and handles well.i dont wana upset that

20150116_115140_zpsa6dbf0ab.jpg

Edited by mikey4410

.94 bar without management.. take it you have an fcd dude?

Are you planning on management?

With regards to lag.. A decent map and boost controller makes a world of difference.

just ask Russ about lag on my td05. Really surprised him on how little extra lag there was to td04.

What made you go side exit? Get any problems with old bill?

Surprised you put waste gate back into exhaust as a starlet with a screamer sounds awesome.

Tidy build though mate. Keep it up..

Mines back in April so pop down to rayleigh once I'm back out and more then happy to take you for a spin.

yeah I am running just under a bar with a fcd which I dont like at all tbh but fueling is well over to the safe side.

yeah the lag thing really isn't that much of a worry to me tbh. it goes bloody well and I am very happy with it . However I do appreciate how much difference a map and proper tune would make, been told several times now it makes the car totally come alive and run loads loads better.

as for the side exit I have always wanted one for years and never had the balls to get one sorted.

its actually very resonable noise wise especially with the external routed in and silenced. nice tasty noise but defo not offensive and will even be fine on a trackday I am sure.

thanks for the kind comments j. appreciated coming from a starlet master such as ureself ;-)

yeah will be great to catch up and sort some starlet meets soon

I got put baffle in my exhaust for track day.

I'm 105 db at 5.5k on their test.

Fair play on side exit fella.

I just love my zisco system too much.lol.

I'm at brands on 19th March for track day..

Like I say dude when I'm back can meet up go lakeside or something.

Keep it up matey..