MIKEY4410 1998 STARLET SPORTIF TURBO--rear cambered terror------

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

update :

i have fitted a brand new 6 puck clutch from iddy at id workz as my standard exedy clutch has been slipping.

turns out that even when i fitted this new clutch at £350 it still slips so something else is not right,theres no way 2 clutchs are problematic,especially one with a 250% uprated torque.

so basically its clear the only thing left thats not been replaced is the flywheel which must be shot/glazed.at this stage i am not willing to chance getting the flywheel skimmed,so i bought a brand new genuine part one at £170.

20140508_134310_zpsbe2e2240.jpg

20140508_134324_zpsb7d27dc4.jpg

20140508_204506_zps8c4ffef1.jpg

update; new flywheel with 6 puck clutch fitted.heres some pictures of the old flywheel,its got hotspots,is badly warped and is also cracked !!!!

20140509_094107_zpsd1d05aca.jpg

20140509_094010_zpsbe6bb8ee.jpg

the below picture is of the pressure plate side of the clutch---note the full wearing in of the face of the pad.

20140509_092919_zpsfcbe99c7.jpg

the picture below is the old flywheel side of the clutch---note the pad is bedding in only on the edge and not full face

20140509_092933_zpsea13f6db.jpg

so for now the clutch is done and dusted ,i am going to run it in before i go mad with it.maybe half throttle for a good week of daily driving and hopefully all will be ok !!!!!

• 1 month later...

right,big update,

i have been looking for a bumper ever since i chopped into mine and fitted that huge ass intercooler. i never wanted it like that and it wasnt in keeping with the sleeper look.

taken me alot of months to find one in my colour but it finally happened and paid £45 delivered for it.

so then i needed a small intercooler to fit under my new good condition bumper.

i also really wanted the intercooler pipes to go over the chassis at the front and not under as they usually do.

i went scrap yard and found a mitsubishi pajero intercooler.paid £30. needed a bloody good degreasing and respraying and spent a hour and a half bending the fins back with tweezers but well worth it as it looks new.

took a days work to pipe in the cooler and a few chassis mods but went really well.the chassis is mint as u can see in pictures.retained the crash bar still and the cooler nicely mounted to the bonnet catch support.

star1_zpse9bb1227.jpg

star2_zpseb814037.jpg

star3_zps35fded11.jpg

star8_zps26faaef3.jpg

star4_zps0a587bc2.jpg

star7_zpsb06a7579.jpg

Yeah having a correctly sized core makes such a big difference.alot more responsive as the cores suited to the engine size and turbo etc.

These huge things they sell like j-performance and toyo sports are wayyy to big.

Really happy with how it looks now and its how i always wanted it

Been busy this morning modifying the throttle body.

After watching the inlet temps closely I have noticed they really go quite high especially with the hot weather

this isnt helped by the water system going through the inlet and heating the shit out of it.

so I quickly checked what would happen if I blocked the wax stat inlet piece with my finger at cold start, and the car started fine but idle was REALLY low, but still ran so I am fine with it.

so I went about removing the wax stat feature and coolant lines feature. Obviously Whilst it was all off I carb cleaned it all.

heres the bit you need to fill with epoxy

20140614_123335_zpsb5cf1347.jpg

Edited by mikey4410
  • 2 weeks later...

Update.

Done a oil and filter change yesterday.also today I fitted a blitz adjustable dump valve I bought from russ78

I had already purchased the silicone t-piece and it fitted perfectly next to the inlet manifold which is awesome

20140628_132351_zpsfc6337dc.jpg