26.1MPG, 110miles to £25

Im pretty sure somethings not right here..current spec on my glanza is:

CT9B Turbo

Standard Manifold

Front Mount Intercooler

Decat

2.5 Jperformance catback

I know there was a slight leak from the decat which i believe i have solved. Considering replacing all the gaskets as i believe there might be a slight leak of exhaust gas somewhere(would this effect mpg).

The car also idles at around 1,000rpm and my tracking is slightly out which i believe may be adding to the problem?

Last option is lambda needs replacing after changing cat for decat?? can't remember my mpg before the decat. I wouldn't say the car runs noticeably rich.

Should add that this is on Tesco Vpower at £132.9 a litre, generally runs around town, taking it steady the majority of the time.

I managed about 250miles to a tank all motorway driving but I wasn't driving like a granny :D currently on track for 100 miles to half a tank around the door. I'm running up to 1.1bar at around 200bhp on tesco 99 momentum using boost. So to me your doing alright lol

£25 from needle being on the empty line gets me about 3/4 of a tank. The needle also sits on empty without the petrol light coming on..then this flickers on and off.

You may have a dodgy sender unit as it cost me £50 for a full tank from the E (with no light on) to the F (until the pump clicked 3 times)

Only reasonably accurate way of finding your mpg is brim your tank reset milometer, run it down, refill it.

Check how Many liters it took to fill.

Divide by 4.5 (this gives you how many gallons you've used)

Now divide how many miles you've done by how many gallons.

The needle on your dial isn't accurate. So chucking £25 in to get half a tank might be a gallon either way of half lol

at japfest earlier this year I got 385 miles to a tank and a 1/5..

worked out my average from brim to empty on that journey was 32.5 and I was cruising at 60 and occasionally flooring it as was mapped the night before..

and im on a td05 over 300bhp.lol...

since then ive mostly been able to do the 44 mile round trip to a local meet spot on a tenner of v power, and add whatever else if I want to play with boost.LOL.

Edited by jayc-glanza17

Think I got 34mpg out of mine down to JF and that was about 270miles used to get nearly 40mpg

Mines got noticeably worse since fitting my open trumpets and civic rad. Think the thermostat is a bit sticky causing it to run colder and use more fuel and the trumpets making me more of a chav lol

cold starts on starlets really bring down the mpg. if your doing a lot of short trips expect mpg to be around the 25-30mpg mark.

it takes a while for everything for warm up and fuelling to start to get to normal

most with mixed driving will around get 33-38mpg

Try running a 2.5L auto legacy as a daily, its SHOCKING on fuel haha, makes my old GT consumption seem like a ecoboost fiesta in comparison lol.

I know your pain. Was getting about 14mpg out my old 3.0l auto supra running it daily lol