What's going on? Scrappage Scheme Tragedy!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I get what you're saying lads, but from my personal point of view really a starlet for me should be a second / track / weekend car rather than a day to day runner. Daily runners get pounded on the shite roads we all have and by the weather. I'm in the market for something more comfy with all the trimmings etc, but that doesn't mean I'm not a petrol head or mechanically minded it's just a difference in circumstances doing more miles etc. I would like another starlet in the future as they are great fun but just not quite right for me at the moment which is why I'm selling it.

Tom.

Moving back towards the scrappage scheme point, i remember that episode of Top Gear with the aerial image of the airfield and it just being covered in decent looking motors, really was a shame, i bet a shit load of really rare cars met their end through that scheme :(

You don't see many classic cars on the road these days. I never understand why young lads get 15k VXR's when they could get something a lot more powerful for a fraction of the cost and have some spare money to put to better things :)

Im selling up atm to fund my house and will be buying a 535d touring next year (im nearly 30 though) they are very quick cars but no where near the fun level of earlier cars. I was explaining this to my bro the other day. Is a huge margin between old and new carss. Older cars are a drivers car as is far more feel and feed back on the road. New cars are just effortless to drive. Certianly not half as fun tbh. But alot are a far more practical car in the sense of estates or big saloons :(

Yeah I totally agree, it is a real shame there aren't more classic cars, like the 205s, cosies etc but also what I find being 21 the insurance is so much cheaper on newer cars because their safety ratings etc. For me a real nice starlet for maybe £4000ish is well over £2000 to insure, where a bmw 330d or similar is £995 a year and has 300ftlb torque as standard.

Tom.

sorry but unless it was like a 60mph+ roll lol to get beat in a 240bhp starlet vs a diesel 535d no offence but the starlet driver would have to be pressing the wrong pedal

You ever raced one to prove it bud? We can talk statistics all day. I know how to drive I've tracked in a lot of cars quicker than my starlet. For a diesel they are quick that's all I'm saying.

Edited by Ep'd

Yes it's very funny to hear them bragging about their mum and dad's new financed car for them too. "I turn my lights off and follow the cats eyes on the road for fun sometimes" At this point I am about to throttle them haha. WTF cats eyes are REFLECTIVE not LIGHTS on the road

All im going to say is im sick of middle aged blokes going around in company BMW's, Audi's, and Merc's thinking they own the road... I have a skyline as my weekend toy and where ever I go there is always a 40-50 year old in a BMW normally a 13 plate trying to race me.. maybe a little off topic but I hope some of you agree and understand what i mean.. lol