Matt1878's B18c4 EK3 (Do I get back in a Starlet?...)

Well guys.. This was a spare of the moment thing. I had no intention of selling the Glanza and was at college browsing forums and ended up looking at all sorts. Skylines, Rx7's, S15's etc and when looking at what civics were around at the time I came across this EK3. Loved the look of it and thought, hmm if only... Id love that. Read through the advert and noticed that he was open to PX with a 106 GTI or Glanza. Gave the guy a text and after days of contact and information I agreed to make a 4 hour drive south to look at the car. We had basically agreed on a deal that no cash would exchange and it would be a straight swap if we were both happy with the information given. He checked over the Glanza with a fine tooth comb as did I the civic and a deal was done. 5 Hours it took me to get home but I had a smile on my face the whole way! That noise!!! Epic is the best way to explain it.

Here are the pictures from the advert on Pistonheads and the current spec of the car:

1997 Honda Civic EK3
Engine:
B18c4 engine conversion with LSD gearbox
P28 Chipped ECU
Skunk 2 inlet manifold
Fuel pressure regulator
Uprated fuel pump
Bigger throttle boddie
Whales penis induction kit
Blue silicon ht leads
Blue silicone hosing
Alloy race rad with slim line fan
Mugan 4-2-1 exhaust manifold
Tegiwa decat
Mozart cat back
Red password jdm dress up washers
Skunk2 oil cap
Skunk2 plug cover
Gold skunk2 low level cam cover washers
Skunk2 vtec solenoid cover
Skunk2 plug cover
Exterior:
Re Sprayed championship white
Arches rolled, trimmed and undersealed
Ek9 rear bumper and splitter
Engine bay smoothed and sprayed
Vti bubble side skirts
Ek9 grill
Ek9 front bumper and splitter smoothed with facelift conversion
Yellow ek9 fogs
Ek9 headlights
12,000K HID's with LED sidelights
Ek9 spoiler
De wiperd boot
Team heko wind deflectors
Fiberworkz winglets
Aero flat wipers
Interior:
Ek4 carbon clocks
Interior sprayed black
Sticker bombed rear mirror and speedo surround
Short shifter
Tegiwa shifter extension
Skunk 2 weighted gear knob
DC2 Red recaros
Handling and brakes:
Coilovers
Braided brake
Front and rear camber arms
Anodised read LCA's
Full vti brake and suspension conversion
16" Rota grids on the front
16"x 8 Rota grid drifts on the rear
D1 spec anodised red wheel nuts
Red ASR brace
Red Beaks bar
null_zps6ea14ade.jpg
null_zps604781dc.jpg
null_zpsca1667cb.jpg
null_zps271963d7.jpg
null_zps652ffa4d.jpg
null_zpsbea65b09.jpg
null_zps45b080b4.jpg
Current plans are to just generally tidy it up... bits need painting and freshening up etc. Give the engine bay good clean etc and then ill go from there :)
Edited by Matt1878

I was just about to call you a silly penis ............ Until I saw the pictures ;) that is stunning mate good work :D

Is there going to be a civic Ipon the ukso stand at japfest? Or are you leaving us ?

James

Ill never leave Jim!

Ill ask permission of course as its not a starlet but Id spend every show with UKSO no matter what car!

Looks lovely, lot of money spent on that car by the looks of it, i used to be really into my civics and couple of mates have them.

Got a dyno sheet for it ?

Not yet mate... I have asked for it to go on the dyno at college. Once I have, I will post. Im very interested to see the figures:)

Ill never leave Jim!

Ill ask permission of course as its not a starlet but Id spend every show with UKSO no matter what car!

Il be on that stand at the back like last year with the ignis again :)

I have a major soft spot for civics allways wanted one just like yours :)

James

In N/a form the gains arent great, my pal just spend 1k on a hondata and a map by TDI North for 2.9bhp lol, EK9 with bolt ons.

The handling on these is great though ay, bet youre loving it round the corners :D

Big money for little gains there!

Im quite happy with the power right now... would just be nice to put a figure to it!...

I haven't thought about long term plans for yet!

uk spec dc2 mate b18cr was import engine

easy way to remember it is if a number comes after the last letter its not a jdm engine :p in 99% of cases

Almost.

The b18c4 in this is from the UK 4 door model

Civic..

The UK teg has a B18c6 and the JDM Teg is a b18b which is the fastest In the b18 series. However, the UK b18c6 is near identical.

These b18c4s are very fast in the 3 door civics!

Coming from a Honda background I'll openly admit seeing this on Facebook a day after I bought my glanza and ALMOST debated swapping my new V!! This is GORGEOUS!

Almost.

The b18c4 in this is from the UK 4 door model

Civic..

The UK teg has a B18c6 and the JDM Teg is a b18b which is the fastest In the b18 series. However, the UK b18c6 is near identical.

These b18c4s are very fast in the 3 door civics!

Coming from a Honda background I'll openly admit seeing this on Facebook a day after I bought my glanza and ALMOST debated swapping my new V!! This is GORGEOUS!

Cheers mate :) I really do love it!

Loves this loads. :) i too have a soft spot for ek/eg civics. really nice car mate. good luck with it hope your havin fun in it!!!! my pal had a jordan with a b18c4 in it to and it was a beasty. pitty he couldnt look after it or stop bumping it into other cars lol. :)