Bride reps?

Your best bet is ebay mate, they even have those *Illest* limited edition bride reps atm on there, look the part!

Until someone smashes your and the seat folds in two and you realise its made from old carpet underlay and coat hangers lol.

Until someone smashes your and the seat folds in two and you realise its made from old carpet underlay and coat hangers lol.

And also realising that if buying the genuine that's lieing next to me as I sleep was a better option than the above lol

And also realising that if buying the genuine that's lieing next to me as I sleep was a better option than the above lol

Yours is very cheap and anyone whos buys reps over them would seriously have to question themselves lol.

^^This

The reason Bride and Recaro are so expensive is because they are built to withstand serious punishment in the event on a crash. The reps have not been tesedt and would probably have the same properties as cheese once different forces are applied.

Edited by chrisgreen1993

Surely there not that bad?, I know they arnt going to be as amazing as the real ones (hence im saving to buy them of rhdjapan),

They do look okay, is the build that shit, you can tell by the stiching differences yeah, but I havent seen build quality and structure.

Yours is very cheap and anyone whos buys reps over them would seriously have to question themselves lol.

I can't believe nobody wants it at that price am yet to see one in this condition under £250! This is what happens when replica company's produce fake's...they spoil the real deal :(

Surely there not that bad?, I know they arnt going to be as amazing as the real ones (hence im saving to buy them of rhdjapan),

They do look okay, is the build that shit, you can tell by the stiching differences yeah, but I havent seen build quality and structure.

Just watch the driftworks video about replica steering wheels, and see how you feel about replica parts then

Just watch the driftworks video about replica steering wheels, and see how you feel about replica parts then

I know ive seen that video, and ive seen others, I just wonder if they really are death traps why they are being sold.

Ive decided recently that I wouldnt buy reps anyway, as I would prefer to own reals than reps. However for people on a budget, but who still want style they aint that bad of a option?

I know ive seen that video, and ive seen others, I just wonder if they really are death traps why they are being sold.

Ive decided recently that I wouldnt buy reps anyway, as I would prefer to own reals than reps. However for people on a budget, but who still want style they aint that bad of a option?

But you can pick up genuine 2nd hand stuff for cheaper than new reps, wheels, seats, harnesses etc.

I just wonder if they really are death traps why they are being sold.

Becase they come out of China/Hong Kong/Taiwan where the testing and health and saftey stuff is all pretty relaxed.

They dont require the stamps and approvals etc that US/UK/JDM companies need

But you can pick up genuine 2nd hand stuff for cheaper than new reps, wheels, seats, harnesses etc.

I suppose however people ignore the old bride for example because of its style. I like the seat but in my opinion I would prefer to own a fixed bucket seat. None the less, if i wanted reclining then i would buy it. There is a fairly big price difference between real and fake brides, but obviously for a reason, However I struggle to wonder if I can justify spending £1000 on seats?

Becase they come out of China/Hong Kong/Taiwan where the testing and health and saftey stuff is all pretty relaxed.They dont require the stamps and approvals etc that US/UK/JDM companies need

Ahh I see, I think they appeal for the fact there cheap and do look the part. If you didnt know the difference between them then you wouldn't know. Is it worth justifying £1000 for seats though?

Ahh I see, I think they appeal for the fact there cheap and do look the part. If you didnt know the difference between them then you wouldn't know. Is it worth justifying £1000 for seats though?

Is it worth justifying an extra £600-700 quid to potentially save your life/not break your spine when your out for a spirited drive, or even if somebody hits you through no fault of your own

your deciede

Not gonna lie i wouldnt pay a grand for seats, but i wouldnt spend even half that on fake ones either.

Its obviously totally up to yourself, we are just saying that the fakes can be badly made and wont provide anywhere the same amount of protection in a crash as genuine ones.

Is it worth justifying an extra £600-700 quid to potentially save your life/not break your spine when your out for a spirited drive, or even if somebody hits you through no fault of your ownyour deciede

I can see myself saving for bride seats for a while then.

Not gonna lie i wouldnt pay a grand for seats, but i wouldnt spend even half that on fake ones either.

Its obviously totally up to yourself, we are just saying that the fakes can be badly made and wont provide anywhere the same amount of protection in a crash as genuine ones.

Thats fair enough mate, and I rather not learn the hard way. Ive always wanted brides, so may aswell save for legits :)

A good example to show the stress that seats take during an accident is to watch the two videos where the drive shaft goes through the window.

Could you picture the seat collapsing or snapping in an accident like that. Also if the seat breaks, you may as well not be wearing a seat belt either. You would be thrown round like a rag doll.