Too much of this going on lately

I feel bad for the guy, getting stung is a horrible feeling, but their are things in place to protect you when paying through things like paypal, so if you decide to not protect yourself for the sake of a few pennies then it's your own fault and too bring the forums name into it isn't necessary personally, just my opinion so no-one need take offense and if you do I don't care anyhow ;)

He has scammed loads of people on here, i messaged admin and reported him after he scammed 1 or 2, no action was taken and he went on to scam others afterwards.

Ep_Beast had seen something i'd written on here and had the cheek to PM me about it and say it was only 50 quid.

by the way it wasnt me he scammed.

Reason: I purchased these on Ukso forum as a set of 4 and I was stitched up by Ep-Beast - aka Dylan East.

I hate him and he owes me 2 rear coilovers and there is no legal action I can do about it.

So I'm just going to sell these.

He bought 4 coilovers (2 front and 2 rear) and was sent only 2 front's by ep-beast.

He (the new owner, who got ripped off) is now selling the two he did get on ebay to get some money back.

Who did you PM about it Daniel?

If he doesn't get banned it just goes to show this sort of thing is OK to some!

I PM'd the only mod who was online at the time, i never even got a reply. I wont say who, i know they are busy and do a good job. This is not a dig :) I was just hoping theyd take it to the mod lounge and discuss it, i'm sure they did.

This kind of thing does my fu**ing tits in and the people who do it are scum!

People on here work hard for their money and put their trust in people then get ripped of at the end of it all

Total Bollocks!!

Totally agree man, ive never had any bother yet but at this rate with a lot of scammers out there its looking to happen soon fs.

But it depends how he paid, if he bank transfered he hasn't got a leg to stand on. Own foot, shot it.

Yeah he got ripped off... I don't see any need however for him to point out that it was on this forum in his ebay add... Yeah I feel bad for the bloke but he got ripped off by one bloke, any prospective new members reading that might give this site a swerve.

to be honest bud, not being funny but if he was banned the first time he did it then this guy wouldnt have got scammed, can't blame him for giving ukso a bad word when he got scammed on it and the bloke was still on here after scamming!!!

Well hes been banned now.

I dont buy into the, 'we cant ban him because this site may be the only port of communication' Ok it might be but after the first couple of people complained and left back feedback then surely alarm bells should start ringing. But it was left and more and more people were scammed.

Even if yous dont ban scammers straightaway due to communication issues then change their profile pic to a cunt with no fingers, and change their sig to, 'dont buy from me because i'm a dirty thieving bellend'.

Or along those lines anyway lol.

Hey Folks...

Its easy to point the finger at UKSO, when someone makes an accusation we then have to investigate, try and find evidence of the claims.

We have to behave and act very much like the police. That's not easy and takes some time.

Ill express this again to everyone on this site though. We don't run background checks on you all when you sign up. You DONT know who your dealing with online. (that goes for ebay, ukso or anywhere else). We strongly recommend you do several things before buying from someone on here..

1, Check the Feedback Section for Previous Feedback. (This will give you a good indication straight away)

2, Always use Paypal. ALWAYS use the seller protection scheme. NEVER send as a gift... Paypal will ALWAYS favour the buyer and you have 30days to open a claim and get your money back.

3, If you suspect someone is taking you for a ride. Post a thread up explaining your situation and see if anyone else has had similar issues.

If you do the three things above I cant see how you can get scammed to be honest?

ep-beast has been banned for some time... Not just his account but his IP's and mail accounts...

Myself and many other of the staff on UKSO get 20+ PM's a day and its Nie on Impossible to keep up with them all as we have every day jobs.

We will always try our best to help you, but a little common sense when dealing with people online you don't know is a big help!

I agree that he should of been banned or something should of happened but you should protect yourself aswell, if someone emailed you or rang you and said I've got something you want just transfer the money to my account would you? No you bloody wouldn't because that's just stupid so why would you do it on here it's no different, I've been scammed twice but I've made sure ive covered myself and both times got my money back. Simple really

I dont buy into the, 'we cant ban him because this site may be the only port of communication' Ok it might be but after the first couple of people complained and left back feedback then surely alarm bells should start ringing. But it was left and more and more people were scammed.

Even if yous dont ban scammers straightaway due to communication issues then change their profile pic to a cunt with no fingers, and change their sig to, 'dont buy from me because i'm a dirty thieving bellend'.

Well, this is the approach I have taken as admin on this and the previous site I was admin on for the last 5 or 6 years, and 9 times out of 10 it has worked. If I hit the ban hammer to soon, we loose any means of communication.

fair enough it isnt perfect, but its the approach I've taken, and on the whole it has worked. But we can't protect every single person from being scammed ALL the time. there is only so much we can do, and IMO, its the safest its been RIGHT NOW than it ever has before. But obviously no approach is perfect. Cunts will still scam and sadly people will still send it as a gift or wiat more than 30 days before submitting a claim. We cant cover all eventualities.

Just my 2p having been admin for longer than I care to bother to think about anymore as its fucking depressing.

Phil.

Well, this is the approach I have taken as admin on this and the previous site I was admin on for the last 5 or 6 years, and 9 times out of 10 it has worked. If I hit the ban hammer to soon, we loose any means of communication.

Phil.

I noticed it a few times on the old site and its obv gonna work, who is gonna buy from someone who is got 'I am a cunt' as theyre sig hahaha.

Hey Folks...

Its easy to point the finger at UKSO, when someone makes an accusation we then have to investigate, try and find evidence of the claims.

We have to behave and act very much like the police. That's not easy and takes some time.

Ill express this again to everyone on this site though. We don't run background checks on you all when you sign up. You DONT know who your dealing with online. (that goes for ebay, ukso or anywhere else). We strongly recommend you do several things before buying from someone on here..

1, Check the Feedback Section for Previous Feedback. (This will give you a good indication straight away)

2, Always use Paypal. ALWAYS use the seller protection scheme. NEVER send as a gift... Paypal will ALWAYS favour the buyer and you have 30days to open a claim and get your money back.

3, If you suspect someone is taking you for a ride. Post a thread up explaining your situation and see if anyone else has had similar issues.

If you do the three things above I cant see how you can get scammed to be honest?

ep-beast has been banned for some time... Not just his account but his IP's and mail accounts...

Myself and many other of the staff on UKSO get 20+ PM's a day and its Nie on Impossible to keep up with them all as we have every day jobs.

We will always try our best to help you, but a little common sense when dealing with people online you don't know is a big help!

Even if the buyers do go through Paypal to protect their money and the seller has no feedback or little positive feedback, he could still have been scammed, but getting his money back doesn't take away the fact that the seller is still a scammer, and should be banned ASAP.

That's fair enough that he is banned now, but the feedback section / for sale sections need more closer surveillance by admins/mods, if there aren't enough admins/mods to do that then surely the forward step would be to get more on the team to do just that? The first bad feedback incident was in June of 2013 for ep-beast. He scammed spirit in December of 2013. That's 6 months!

I had some chatting with Skimmy I think about ep-beast and there were several people defending him while I persuaded him to make a claim.

We discussed giving him a selling ban like we did with Chesh but we cannot control pms. Maybe in future we should put notices up for people not to deal with untrusted members, but as said, when we ban members we lose the communication channel plus the ability to see when they log in ;)