Front Exit, Police Magnet??

Right so I'm all booked in too have my Top mount manifold made and Front exit exhaust, the system will be straight from the turbo, 3 inches and internally gated. So it may be a tad loud and flamey

I've informed my insurers and they seem all good with it

Now I know as long as it's on the drivers side, and flush with the bumper, and insured, then it should be all good with the police? Right?

If I could decide it I would pull every car without a cat and/or with a side exit from the streets. It looks horrible, sounds terrible and doesn't evev bring more power.

I'm pretty sure alot of people will disagree with you there. I know for a fact a decat on my glanza made a difference to the way the turbo spools and sure it added power.lucky you can't decided really

Well, I know it adds power but the cost is more pollution. With a 200cell cat you'd have same power without pollution. Just my opinion.

But I really hate cars that are too loud even in low rpm and point their exhausts to the sides. Could damage other cars bodywork in worst case.

But well, I'm German, my father was a policeman and my mother a high official so I may be a bit strict in that. I don't like adding pollution without need and because I grew up near a main street I really really hate loud cars, especially in the night. Also around hereall loud cars are VWs and I hate VW.

Edited by Xpect

Not as much. The gasses out of a side exhaust are way hotter than they are on the back of the car. And this hot air shooting out the side may burn other peoples cars paint. But well I always go for the worst case. It's just my common sense for others and my sense for aesthetics tell me a rear exhaust is better. Otherwise all manufacturers had side exhausts on their cars.

Xpect this isnt the fucking governing body for pollution and emissions forum lol.

And a lot of vans have side exits and the exhaust systems arent very long at all, none of my cars paint has ever been burned off because of that.

I loved mome on my v. Had it for years. Never had an issue. Db isnt an issue either as per the law it must be taken from 3m away from the rear of the vehicle haha so not an issue for noise. Also many lorries have front exhausts that exit infront of the front wheels. Thats to do with car mot's not traffic laws :D

• 1 year later...

Well, I know it adds power but the cost is more pollution. With a 200cell cat you'd have same power without pollution. Just my opinion.

But I really hate cars that are too loud even in low rpm and point their exhausts to the sides. Could damage other cars bodywork in worst case.

But well, I'm German, my father was a policeman and my mother a high official so I may be a bit strict in that. I don't like adding pollution without need and because I grew up near a main street I really really hate loud cars, especially in the night. Also around hereall loud cars are VWs and I hate VW.

jeez do you work for greenpeace or something who gives a shit about emissions if your that concerned write a petition to get those stinking planes out of the sky we drive old turbo cars after all !!!!

fse >>> faster spool

noise awsome :)