Hello guys.

Well, some of you might remember my zisco thread from before where I wrote a rather long review of one of their inlet plenums. To say I was disappointed throughout, with everything, would be an understatement.

Anyway, the same night I put that thread up, Sacha contacted me pretty much as soon as he saw the thread I guess. And explained his new inlets to me. We went in to some detail and eventually came to an agreement and I sent payment. Within the week, the plenum had arrived and I unboxed it from what was an extremely well packaged box. So already a big thumbs up there!

Sacha has asked me to write a thorough review and has supplied me with some Q&A type questions. So without waiting much longer, here we go.

Initial thoughts on the intake - Initial thoughts on the plenum when I un-wrapped it were literally WOW. I couldn't believe how it looked. It was spotless from top to bottom. Not a finger mark on it. I couldn't wait to fit it and get it running, by this point I was very excited and couldn't stop looking at it. Sacha will tell you what I wrote in the PM when it arrived lol!! I was just a little bit happy.

Build quality and design - The build quality is just insane! There's no words for it, and again I'm pretty sure I told Sacha that in a few pm's along the way even when he sent me pictures of it not fully built haha. I could just tell! The welds are spot on, literally amazing. The design of it is great. Very smart, and sure to give the engine bay a HUGE over-all transformation. Some more information about the design of the plenum is as written below. Check it out!

- T6 6061 alloy construction.

- Billet tapered runners.

- Billet velocity stack (other manufacturers do not offer stacks with their street intakes).

- Solid 10mm flanges (resurfaced after construction).

- Solid 3mm plenum thickness material.

- Utilizes stock throttle body.

- LIFE TIME warranty.

So as you can tell, a great deal of thought and craftsmanship has gone in to the planning, design and actual outcome of the plenum. It's definitely not something that has just been slapped together just for the sake of selling it. And as EVERYONE will know, Sacha takes tremendous care in his products and wouldn't let anything go until he's happy to run it himself. Pretty cool I'd say.

Installation - Fitting the plenum was not really too much of a task all in all. Yes, it was pretty fiddly and tight at times. But due to the size of it and other reasons, this is to be expected. So we just got on with it, thought logically about hooking stuff up to the bottom (i.e vacuum hoses etc) and in the end, it fell in to place pretty well. We didn't run in to any 'problems' as such, in fact I think the biggest issue we had was getting out fingers through the stack to sit the throttle cable onto the bracket lol. So as you can tell, nothing major what so ever! Once the plenum was in place we bolted it up and hooked up everything else around it (i.e heater matrix hoses, sensors, intercooler pipe, and throttle cable lastly).

Overall aesthetics - Stunning. Literally no other words for it, it looks absolutely amazing. Accompanied by the fantastic welds that are on it - You really couldn't ask for much more. A nice finishing touch is the WEPR logo that is engraved onto the top in a kind of grey colour. I think it looks great!

Customer support from WEPR - Man, I just can't word how good the communication has been from Sacha. Absolutely faultless from start to finish. 6 pages of PM's, no joke. Sacha will ALWAYS reply to a message, to any question, and to any doubts you might be having. I sent him messages at a time and he answered all of my questions (and I had a fair few lol). All in all 11/10 for custom support without a doubt.

Price - The price for the unit is, and quoted from sacha.. '$495/307gbp delivered + paypal fee's'. Which I am told is actually cheaper than other manufacturers.

Performance - To be filled in later once car is mapped.

Some extra information - You will need to get hold of a longer throttle cable for the plenum. I bought a Toyota RAV4 throttle cable off of ebay for like under £10. Once it arrived I took off the stock Glanza throttle cable and used the bracket with the new cable. Simple as that really! You will need slightly longer 10mm bolts for the bracket as the rubber bit of the RAV4 cable is slightly thicker, luckily enough I have some laying about. Lastly regarding the throttle cable, should you choose to also use a RAV4 cable, be aware it's literally double the length lol. I looped it round and tucked it away. It still works perfectly if not better than the OEM throttle cable. Next, you will need to take off the heater matrix hose from that goes over the throttle body side (or passenger side nozzle), and simply put it the other way round. Reason being is because when you flip it round it has a slight kink in it, which is a MUST for avoiding rubbing the throttle body butterfly. You will need to cable tie a few things out of the way, for the butterfly to open and close freely because obviously the whole unit sits a hell of a lot lower down than the OEM plenum. Thus being closer to hoses near the engine block. A cable tie sorted any issues out for me!

From start to finish, including taking the old plenum off to turning the key with the new one on it took us about 3 hours. Literally from start to finish. So not too long and obviously as shown can be done in a day with a friend and some logical thinking!

Lastly, the part you have all been waiting for is the pictures......... There is none.

Just kidding, here are a few pictures for now until I get back to the car and update this with some detailed ones! Enjoy.

These pictures are what Sacha sent me throughout the building process (before final polishing).

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e351/wickedep/1392026_10151786539377809_1736137211_n_zps900d6932.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e351/wickedep/IMG_5152_zps3df91f27.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e351/wickedep/IMG_5154_zps36594385.jpg

Once it arrived.

IMG_20131125_151517_zpsq6jk14hg.jpg

IMAG0674_zpsb5rfijno.jpg

IMAG0675_zpsmp1cgzcp.jpg

IMAG0676_zpsibctkkmi.jpg

IMAG0677_zpstyebiso9.jpg

(This water mark was from me)

IMAG0678_zpsxhkbaepw.jpg

This is how I set up my fittings.

IMAG0680_zpssyjxbwed.jpg

I will get some pictures of it fitted today and chuck them in this first post!

So, all in all extremely happy so far and can't wait to get the car mapped and then fill in the blank question up the top there.

Couldn't ask for more from Sacha/WEPR. Insanely cool product, amazing communication and a real cool guy who is willing to answer any question you may have and generally help you throughout the process. You guys need to message him NOW and put in an order for one of these units for sure!!

Well guys, until I update with more pictures. I hope you have liked my review so far of the WEPR intake plenum. And questions that I can answer myself I will do so, and anything more just pass your question on to Sacha himself, and he will get back to you when he can.

Thanks!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait for mine to arrive. :)

Good to know about the heater hose as was going to use a silicone one, might still do. No problems with dipstick position?

Nop, I just bent it out a bit. Couldn't be fucked to take it off and drill a new hole which Sacha did suggest. Just bent it out the way instead. Still works perfectly! :).

I'm going to be the asshole here. Those welds look horrendous. I'm no expert, but they don't like neat and tidy anywhere on the thing..

I know it wont affect performance, and i would no doubt have one if i wanted one. But that's just my 2pence.

Edited by Zeldoz

I couldn't agree more, I've seen better welding on the net but I bet it's hard as fuck haha.

I don't really mind tbh, you can't see any of it when it's fitted, only the WEPR bit so it's cool.

Only thing is now I have a weird boost leak or something, it's like air is escaping out of somewhere, it's whistles really bad like letting air out of a balloon lol. Just ordered a new TB gasket so will see what happens after I fit that!

Bit shitty just before getting it mapped tho :(.

ive had that annoying whistle on mine for a while it really pisses me off. im going to try a throttle body gasket when I find the time so would be good to know if you get to the bottom of yours. it holds boost fine though does it. by the way im running a standard inlet manifold don't want people thinking its to do with the wepr manifold.

ive had that annoying whistle on mine for a while it really pisses me off. im going to try a throttle body gasket when I find the time so would be good to know if you get to the bottom of yours. it holds boost fine though does it. by the way im running a standard inlet manifold don't want people thinking its to do with the wepr manifold.

Really! It's fucking annoying huh. Does it on idle and on boost for me.

I ordered a new gasket today too so will fit it and see what happens, as the corner of my current one ripped off when I changed it the other day off the old manifold.

Urm, boost is pretty sloppy tbh, comes in a lot later than it did when it was running good with the oem manifold. It does boost, just a bit later :s.

Yeah good to mention I don't think it's to do with the manifold itself haha, just coincidence and due to moving stuff about I guess!

seems like we have 2 different faults was hoping you had the same fault as mine ha. as mine seems to boost fine and hold pressure fine just a annoying whistling noise. it least you no yours is related to something around the inlet as it was fine before hopefully new gasket sorts it especially if it was damaged

seems like we have 2 different faults was hoping you had the same fault as mine ha. as mine seems to boost fine and hold pressure fine just a annoying whistling noise. it least you no yours is related to something around the inlet as it was fine before hopefully new gasket sorts it especially if it was damaged

Hm, weird.

110% round the inlet side though, just a fucker to tell where exactly haha!!