• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but 'one of those things' is no good when I'm just about to have it mapped and going for 300+ bhp haha I need it to be all perfect how it was!! Lol.

The reason why I don't think it's a leak either is because as you said the idle is spot on, not too high and not hunting either. So I'm really not sure. As said, will change the gasket and see where that leaves me. Fucking annoying though especially as it's something since the new inlet has been put on!!!

Put your boost pipes on Rbz. Put your hand over the end of the turbo... If the car dies, you don't have a leak...

If it keeps running you'll hear a loud sucking noise coming from the area or place its leaking from...

Works for me everytime when ive had a leak...

Put your boost pipes on Rbz. Put your hand over the end of the turbo... If the car dies, you don't have a leak...

If it keeps running you'll hear a loud sucking noise coming from the area or place its leaking from...

Get that in the guides section lol

Awesome!!

But, where do I put my hand over haha? The intake side I'm assuming, where the mesh is?

I wouldnt use paper lol use somethong that wont have the possibility of going i to the turbo

Other than that good review rob ! Cant wait for the fitted pics ! Hows it running prior to the map im not fitting mine untill its at the mappers as mile at td said itll run like a bag of shit lol

I wouldnt use paper lol use somethong that wont have the possibility of going i to the turbo

Other than that good review rob ! Cant wait for the fitted pics ! Hows it running prior to the map im not fitting mine untill its at the mappers as mile at td said itll run like a bag of shit lol

Thanks mate!

Runs fine, except for the weird noise it runs like normal :).

Mine isn't mapped yet, will be going to have my ultimate fitted and mapped this month. But see'ing as it's not mapped I wanted to get the inlet on ready for the day. And also due to it not being mapped yet it makes no difference. Not sure if yours is mapped, but if it is it could alter the map if you put the inlet on so yeah Mike is probably right there.

Lol, I don't think a gt28 turbo is going to suck my hand into in on idle dude..

Anyway, I tried it and turbo is too big to cover my hand over it haha. Need to find something big enough to cover the turbo good. Hmmm!

a good ole ass cheek may do it
  • 3 weeks later...

how did you get on ?

Well I've sorted out the whistling noise! I changed the throttle body gasket and sure as hell it fixed that problem.

I've got a boost leak somewhere in the intercooler system, so having my pipework made up and welded together with a joiner either end so reduce risk of boost leaks when 1.4bar or whatever it going through it when it gets mapped.

Intercooler pipes will be sorted this week, then it's off for mapping after it's sorted.

Hard cause I don't got much spare time. But going as fast as I can! :). Not long now guys.

im glad you have sorted the whistling noise. I have got a new throttle body gasket to try on mine. ive thought about doing the same with my boost pipes so illuminate leaks but not sure were to get it down. can you post a pic up when you have got them :)

im glad you have sorted the whistling noise. I have got a new throttle body gasket to try on mine. ive thought about doing the same with my boost pipes so illuminate leaks but not sure were to get it down. can you post a pic up when you have got them :)

Hopefully that will solve your issue as it did mine dude! I was surprised it was only the gasket though. Crazy that a thin bit of gasket material stuff can make such a difference between issues and no issues.

Ok mate yeah no problem, i'll take as many pics as I can for ya :).