I'm washing my hands on here

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so I have had a reply back.

Regarding LSD's, this kit comes with their own made diff, although other brands can be used easily enough.

Their own branded LSD is of a plated type and I've been told its as good as any other aftermarket diff on sale today. I have also enquired about if the LSD can be removed from the kit to make things cheaper.

Warranty side of things covers:

Stripping and shredding gears

Breaking shafts

Partial cover on the dog engagement, this means that improper driving could causes premature wear on the dog clutches and warranty will not cover this. Also any fitment of aftermarket sequential shifters without first measuring to ensure it will work with this kit will not be covered.

The good side is that if you are hardcore, they can offer a sequential shifter to work with this dogbox, the price for this shifter is £1015 (depending on exchange rate), the other good news is if you wanted both the dogbox and sequential shifter a 15% discount can be applied.

I believe that a dogbox can be used on the road, and is just the same as changing to an aftermarket clutch, you as the driver have to change your driving style to suit the application. Check out PPgearbox (PPG) website and they have a few videos on driving their dogboxes, although for a PPG gearbox you are looking at £5000.

If anyone has any question please post them and I shall get them sent over, they are very good at communicating and should have a reply very swiftly.

Adam

This fucking sucks what's more awful than losing a member of the forum not afraid to break away from the crowd and build something TRULY unique and share his build with us offering us a lot of inspiration, is the fact it was inheritance spent on the box.

What a shit situation I really cannot understand how some one can live with this on their conscience.

Edited by TurboTobz

What a shit situation

i agree 100%

I really cannot understand how some one can live with this on their conscience.

AdamB doesnt seem to have taken 15k and done anything with it apart from what all the buyers wanted him to do (Ie give it to this company)

The fact the company has stolen it and not delivered gearboxes is their fault their crime not anyone elses.

For that reason i can understand how Adam can live with this on his conscience, cause he has no choice.

he can be as sorry as he wants and it wont bring the money back, so he is actually worse of than anyone that joined him on the group buy. (lost the money and hated and hunted for it)

If it where me it be chasing the company who scammed me instead of making someones life a misery when they owe you nothing.

Ask yourself what would happen in an ideal world?

the scamming company would get nailed and pay well beyond repayment.

I know we dont live in an ideal world but expecting AdamB to give you his assets is down right daft.

Phil

Edited by Philm