Lee's Red Starlet Sportif! - R.I.P

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

So the other week I decided I wanted to do the amber sidelight mod, so I went to the scrapyard to get a double filament bulb holder. I was told Almera ones fitted with modification to the indicator unit but I had a look around in the scrappy and Paseo rear light bulb holder are more or less a direct fit to starlet indicator units! just have to snap a tiny lug off the Paseo holders and the fit right in like OEM fitment. So I soldered them in to the indicator wires and scotch locked them into the side lights and they work perfect!

I've also got the car back into the bodyshop at the minute because there was a little bit of rust starting to come through on the back of the sills and I wanted to get it addressed before it they went into big holes! thats all been repaired and just waiting on getting painted again but I decided to get some U-POL Raptor underseal tinted to 3E5 red and sprayed halfway up the sills like most modern cars have these days, just to keep the rust back! Looks pretty much OEM but I'll get some pictures once its all finished :)

IMG_54261_zpsdesrh3hl.jpg

IMG_54281_zps1697twky.jpg

IMG_54391_zpsdf2i1zmz.jpg

IMG_54641_zpsl62uq8o3.jpg

All these tidy cars I keep seeing are making me have ep withdrawals lol .

Also for just a split second when I looked at the pic of you panhard rod and timing cover I thought interesting choice to have cushions in your back seats then I realised its the couch haha

• 1 month later...

So over the pas month I've got a few bits done. I fitted a new bosch battery, a Race work developments battery tie down and oil cap and polished up the rocker cover. I also fitted some 10mm spacers on the front to give it a little bit more poke. I also bought a false floor from Bradley Jenkins Jap Performance featured Glanza, so I wrapped it all in suede to match the door cards and got that fitted in :) and I got some pics of the raptor line on the sills. Pics..

IMG_55301_zpsnayud9x2.jpg

IMG_55471_zpsrv9igf4f.jpg

IMG_56441_zpsbw8yz7zy.jpg

IMG_56451_zpsxcr4ihdo.jpg

IMG_56461_zpsuexlleos.jpg

IMG_56471_zpsw3ejbpao.jpg

IMG_56481_zpsec2hx4kv.jpg

This just keeps getting better! Straight up one of my favourite NA's

Cheers mate! :thumbsup: Thats really appreciated! I just keep adding little bits to it and it all comes together eventually! Liking the progress with your starlet too! glanza bumper looks great! :)

Yeah same here, just a bit slowed down after Christmas as my bank suddenly got rather emptier xDThanks! Do you have any more plans for the rear?

I'm not really sure mate! Maybe a full glanza rear with a livesport spoiler, something like that :)

Very tidy mate i love it! :)

Cheers mate! :) loving your build, Shane about the window and bumper getting scuffed! :(

This looks so rad... can't wait to fix mine!

Cheers man! Appreciated! :)

Looking good, get some camber bolts in there and take advantage of the wide front track

cheers dude! Yeah I could do! Maybe look into that :)

Great car mate very different :) get the decals back on!

cheers mate! :) it's appreciated! I've been keeping an eye on your thread too! Yeah haha, I've actually got a spare set of them still so you never know! :)
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been a while since i updated, so I haven't really done much to the car but it passed it mot again with no advisories! and I have bought a glanza tailgate, spoiler, rear bumper, side skirts and another plate surround, so I trial fitted them on the car and I have also bought another N/A front bumper that I'm going to flush in on the sides, I also managed to get hold of an espace front splitter that I might fit if i decide to fit the glanza rear.

I also bought a whiteline rear anti roll bar that I plan on fitting in the next couple of weeks. I went to fit the adjustable panhard rod and found out that its not from a starlet! so I've ordered up a new whiteline one from id workz that should be getting fitted next weekend when it arrives. so with them mods I'm hoping it handles a bit better!

Whilst I had the back bumper off i decided to cavity wax it all and take the little plastic air covers out of the rear and fill them right up with cavity wax as well to hopefully prevent any further rust! Oh and I also coloured the writing in on the tyres white,

Give me your opinions on the glanza rear...

IMG_60991_zps7zy4zw6f.jpg

IMG_61001_zpsmup4uest.jpg

IMG_61011_zpsyibrxzrd.jpg

IMG_60841_zpsir8ayihy.jpg

IMG_61721_zpsp24vzyfw.jpg

IMG_62241_zpseenedcxq.jpg

IMG_62531_zpszbtdpcyv.jpg

IMG_58521_zps9qkewujr.jpg

IMG_58511_zpsattmfj24.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good! And some pretty nice locations for photos!

What grids are those exactly? There's a lot of models and some without dish... Best looking N/A this one :D

Mint! :p

Awesome as always mate the glanza bits are gunna look mint!

Cheers lads! comments are appreciated :)

So I've got a couple of things done to the starlet this weekend, The panhard rod i bought from ID-Workz turned up so i got that fitted, makes a nice difference and fitment on the rear is better! plus it doesn't take long to do. I also bought a C pillar brace, its for a Civic but with a bit of playing about it fits perfectly with or without rear seat belts :) I also thought id upgrade the oem parcel shelf speakers with something a bit better, they're halfords specials but they do the job nicely!

In the next little while im going to be fitting the rear anti roll bar and I also got hold of a pair of jdm Mitsuba Alpaha horns that im going to be fitting :)

IMG_63861_zpsfzfuxeyn.jpg

IMG_63851_zpsrlptqvtw.jpg

IMG_63831_zpske4zpfus.jpg

IMG_63811_zpsgqrxzhad.jpg

IMG_63821_zpsqryziw3o.jpg

IMG_63041_zpsdh2gxwum.jpg