People run their ct9's and tongs etc at 1.1 bar I have heard you make better power at 1 bar because the heat is a little less saturate...I run a JAM actuator it holds boost straight up at 1bar but they say the HKS one's are better as boost comes in stronger as the spring is weaker but it holds fine for me just after opinions for when my blitz turbo gets set up :)

The ct9 has done me proud so far I still may go external gate but surely how much noticable quicker would external be than internal on ct9 I don't think it's worth doing...would sound awesome though!

I would need a boost controller I suppose if I keep the 1bar actuator a little overspike or bit weaker will keep safe in a way and I wouldn't have to adjust it in the winter the last thing I want to do is weld the wastegate or port it on a rare turbo after having eveything rebuilt suppose I will keep the JAM actuator and wack it on internal will save cash and keep it simple :)

I'm running a ct9 @ 0.8 bar got 195bhp on the dyno I like to keep it safe the car is quick enough for me, I was always told (true or false) 1 bar is pushing the limits on a ct9 opinions on this please guys

Pat

If we need external wast gates to manage higher boost pressures maybe it's a sign to get a bigger turbo. Shows the compressor side maybe able to deliver the mass flow requirements but the turbine side is mis matched to what people are trying to run :-)

I realise bigger turbos mean more money, but do toyota not have anything in their catalogue with a slightly bigger turbine housing to aid the flow, this could help reduce the compressor pressure ratio (ie run less boost, this will in turn lower the COT and bring the the compressor side back into the efficiency island).

Just a thought folks :-)

Good result Pat I'm sticking at one bar, see the stock ct9 seems to manage around the same as the tongs in some cases, Micky boy combined his turbo using a lucinder ct9 running different internals that's an option or the blitz ct9 with the ct12a compression wheel I'm sure there will be other options I just wanted to see what views peolle have on running that extra .1 boost, blitz made an actuator thats pre set to 1.1 there is a TOM'S aswell but I think that's a 1 bar...

as above the ct9s are a bit to small and have agro holding anything other than stock boost, that and they tail of to early.

dont like them at all.

I would be interested to see if an ebc would help with the boist control on a ct9 .im guessing it wouldnt.

I had an ebc it was no use would only say to use them external wasyegate for a bigger turbo, I do agree though they tail off boost quick I think an uprated mani would help..there still a 1.3 at the end of the day I think warmer weather would suit a 1.1 bar I just want to know if it's work changing my actuator for .1 of a bar lol probably not it just looks good on paper

I personally wouldn't bother for the .1 of boost

That could be 5bhp lol see that way I look at is why did blitz a respectable company make a 1.1 bar actuator and a hybrid turbo if .1 didn't matter I suppose it's the compression wheel been bigger as the the stock and tongs are equal to each other therefore a 1 bar would suit best...but then JAM ran the blitz hybrid on a 1 bar actuator lol I just think .1 bar on the ct9 is a weaker choice or I just need to go to bed and forget about it!

When I got mine dyno'd the bloke cut the vaccum pipe from the actuator to the turbo and put a T-piece in it so I have one leg on the T-piece just venting like a breather not sure why he did do this

When I got mine dyno'd the bloke cut the vaccum pipe from the actuator to the turbo and put a T-piece in it so I have one leg on the T-piece just venting like a breather not sure why he did do this

Hmm that doesn't sound right!

Ok so to get this right the pipe going from the actuator to the turbo should just be one pipe not split with a t-piece? Thinking about it he did say at the time my actuator is very weak as is on its way out, Gonna put my refurb turbo on soon and that will have a hks actuator going with it. Strange though as this place I went to called minicraft have 500bhp minis with nos so yes seems strange why he did this although with the t-piece in the pipe the car was boosting well

was it dyno'd by Stevie by any chance?

Stevie wonder..?

Edited by TurboTobz

You sure it's a t piece and not an MBC?

It's a t-piece alright something tells me he was setting it up like a MBC maybe?

was it dyno'd by Stevie by any chance?

Haha Tobz but I am gonna get to the bottom of this

Stevie wonder..?