Dizzy's Project D! (Carbon, Varis, Jam, Livesports)

I love it mate, think I'll regret selling it..

Everythings all sorted now and im loving it again lol. doesn't want for anything now :/ Just need your ECU lee ;D

Edited by Dizzy
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the time i had the black one i had no money to do the things i wanted to do.. since upgrading I've also moved up positions in my job too meaning alot more free cash.. i miss this colour so much your really doing the car justice and im pleased your happy with her :) will we be seeing this at japfest 2?

Im due to be going japfest 2, but unfortunately, somebody spent a good 20 minutes keying it last night. all around the whole car :/ I've just put a deposit down on a genuine carbon varis bonnet too, but its made me lose heart a bit. Its a right mess now -_- Hopefully rich K cant get it in for a respray before japfest, if not I dont think I'll be attending with it in the state its in now :(

Little update :(

So after it got keyed it was either keep or get rid, but I've decided to keep it and get it mint, as whoever damaged it would probably quite like to see it gone, I've now hired a garage to dry store it, and will be buying a run around whilst I restore it.

The plan is to respray it, fit the carbon fibre varis bonnet im due to collect and relaquer it, and get some tyres for my 14" rays once their refurbished. So hopefully it'll look brand new.

When it gets to winter months, I've picked up a set of Rota Subzero's that need a little TLC but have 4 excellent tyres, to stop my rays getting munched by winter road salt. Yes i've replaced rotas for rotas haha but its a temporary measure and after trial fitting them they dont look too bad :)

GLANZA1_zpsc5d18ff6.jpg

My manifold gasket has failed on the toyosports, so I've bought a Zisco OEM style manifold ready to fit :) (I always planned to ditch the toyosports after splitting one in half on my EP82)

I also popped over to toyota to buy all new gaskets as I thought I may aswel. Took another photo of her sat in the toyota carpark haha, had a few funny looks from salesman of course.

glanza2_zpsc28cb994.jpg

Super glare on this really nice day we're having lol :)

Thanks for reading so far... hopefully be updating this with good news in the future :/

• 2 weeks later...

another update :) (not that loads of people are keeping an eye on this haha)

Carbon Fibre Varis Bonnet, needs relaquering as its pretty untidy, but will get it done soon :) Also renting a garage to keep her in now away from people who like to vandalise :(

How she stands now:

glanzaCF_zpsccb35929.jpg

Thanks guys! Makes working thro the setbacks worth it seeing nice feedback :)

I've got a ducktail lee :p and your 82 is nice, but i love my V ;) i might get a livesports an 98spec rear lights next, an obviously get the rays fitted :)

Resprayyyyyy this weekend :) and getting a new windscreen too as mine looks tired as hell, hopefully be looking immaculate ready for japfest2!

Right! So the bonnet lacquer was flaking like mad, and peeling, and was rough as hell to the touch. Not to mention how matte it looked, it was severely neglected :/ It looked fine in photos, but it was irritating me, and I thought I'd try and sort it out as much as possible before its re-lacquer.

So I went to a friend of mine who's pretty handy with a rotary. And we decided to start sanding away at all the old horrible laquer with 800 gritt wet and dry and some water/fairy :)

64B689CA-12D4-49C7-8072-6B376CB417AA_zps

You can see in this picture, all the little imperfections showing, the bonnet felt almost completely smooth to the touch, but all the differences in laquer colour were showing pretty badly :/

2900E38C-82AD-48F4-B384-10DFE1DC1113_zps

This one from 1200gritt to 3000 gritt, 3000 wasnt needed really but, done it anyway

E9D8612C-89F2-4369-A7CC-47FA90DE062C_zps

some lacquer differences still showing..

8B7EE47A-286A-4E8C-951A-37E8D5E51E92_zps

began polishing with a compound

468F02AF-6602-4701-A1A3-2391E2373F85_zps

Can see the original shine starting to return :)

DB4C9BA7-5274-4385-BE44-82F8E7C7F99E_zps

Now onto a polish, really happy with how much better it was looking, and it felt like glass now, not gritty and horrible :p

39ADFCFC-57F4-4525-A026-573A285ACA5B_zps

Hard to see, as residue is all over the place and its really messy, but bottom left is ready for waxing once the residue is removed, top half has been compounded, difference showing was quite a lot in person :)

3E94613E-A4F2-4A67-9389-E8ADBB4CFF23_zps

Final swirl removing polish all being removed :) (all products used were 3M if anybody is interested)

675F1A9B-4284-4DDC-A59F-6692AA524F92_zps

And finally, waxed to protect it for now :)

04849983-40D5-47ED-9A29-852AB30BD52E_zps

Got to clean of the mesh etc properly tomorrow with the jetwash, Gave the car a quick clean down taking care not to scratch the paintwork (even though its getting sprayed in a few days) But you get the general idea of how the bonnets looking now :)

DFD65461-F9DF-41D8-BC3E-0F800D38EDAB_zps

878529E1-A3BF-4598-B4A8-052DFCF2CD87_zps

Really pleased, its gone from flaky, patchy and dull, to nice and glossy in just a few hours work between two people :) Not bad considering i paid a good price for it as it was in such poor condition, and its come up good for now :) Still getting refinished professionally though :)

Also thought id mention, i have a new front numberplate to add too, as that ones huuge and has holes in

Edited by Dizzy

haha break it rich and ill seriously cry :p

cheers mac, mine wasn't as good condition as yours unfortunately, carbon stands out so nice on your white V :) bet youcant wait for it to be running.

Last update probably for a while, got a lot coming and a lot happening ;) but I couldn't leave its last picture on here with it covered in sanded lacquer feeling sorry for itself haha, so I gave it quick detail ready for the body shop :)

glanzprepaint_zps6b08975f.jpg

Hopefully my next update will be a nice big one with lots happening fingers crossed, not long to go for japfest 2!