He got locked up..

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote "Six months in a young offenders institute"

Crikey, that's not a long sentence is it. I thought he would have got a lot more then that for killing someone...

Depends on the charge doesn't say he's been charged with murder or manslaughter which carry heavier sentencing .

Could if been charged with wreck less driving n other stuff , either way not a good thing to happen to anyone condolences to the families

Yep, not much for taking someones life.

Although we've all lost sight of cyclists / bikers, so easily done. Got to keep your head on a swivel, especially on a nice day in the peak district.

I think the justice system in this country is shit! ok he's got to live with killing someone for the rest of his life but what about the mother/widow and two children without a dad!

i had a family member that was killed similar to this, so i no first hand what it feels like.. no its not nice one bit.. like i said i wasnt taking sides, no one comes out of this a winner or loser.. the fella that killed my cus ended up taking his own life because he couldnt live with what he had done..

A fine he is unlikely to be able afford?

No a means tested one, like XXk he has to pay off and is taken from his employer at source.

not one he has a choice about paying.

now i understand that if he is a wee rat bag on benefits he can dodge paying till he dies, but that involves him deciding they are going to be a wee rat bag that makes nothing of themselves which is a pretty harsh sentence to put unpon yourself.

so either we would pay as much and fast as possible of this massive fee, or never get a real job.

Phil

Edited by Philm

Worst thing is that because his sentence is less than four years he will automatically have the sentence reduced by 1/2 then a third off of that for pleading guilty!! He will most probably only serve 2 months! On the bright side 95% of young offenders area gang movers so there's always the chance he'll get shived!!

Edited by Jay85