Injector ticking after "injector cleaner" was used, is this normal?

Good evening Gents,

My name is luke I am 25 from bristol,

New to the glanza world and very much liking it,

Looking to tune my engine up a little, supporting mods below -

Front mount intercooler

Full exhaust including manifold

Race rad

Air filter

Uprated HT leads

I do have issue with a ticking noise that has started after using injector cleaner and it's a pound ticking under load, do I need new injectors?

Can anyone advise please?

Kind regards, Luke

hey, thank you for the reply guys, no fuel pressure reg.... shall i get one? may need help on how to install though,

second, it funny you say that because i always run V power, shall i just not use treatments again, i think it may have been a school boy error, wont be doing it again,

can anyone recommend a good Fuell pressure reg?

thanks again.

Hi mate , don't bother with fuel treatments if your running v-power nitro there is enough additives in there to try help look after your motor .

I have and run a td fuel reg and gauge and has always been bang on bud

thank you very much for the help, as you can understand i want to take very good care of my new glanza i love it,

ok so a good pressure reg will help?

i will purchase one today, can anyone help me install, not to good on fuel systmes yet ...

hey mate weston is 2 mins down the road, do you think perhaps we can arrange a meet? maybe you will be able to dignose what might be a issue?

Alright :) im no mechanic but like the guys said mate they do tick so dont worry! you wont need a fuel pressure reg unless your raising your boost or changing turbos they were just asking as it may make it louder.

OK no worries, i understand all advice helps so i thank you for that, i think it maybe me being a little paranoid,

i could always turn up the stereo,

or get a louder exhaust :p

Yea don't bother with an adjustable fpr..i just asked as if you had one, and someone had ramped the pressure up, that'll make the injector tick considerably louder.

Edited by RobSR

aaaah right ok, i wont bother with a FPR then, i have to admit i was under the bonnet last night with my trusty stethascope trying to figure out what it is, cant find anythhing, no loss in power / boost firing correctley no lumpy sound at all ... wired, i was thinking of giving it to tuning devleopments to have a look at when i have having my upgrades and mapping done.

any advice in the mean time is a great help ...

TurboTobz

Posted Today, 01:48 PM

Screw driver on fuel rail put your ear to the end of the handle you'll hear it instantly

Shit'n'stuff, that is all.

Tried that dude with my stethascope, got a tick but its not really that loud, starting to think it maybe something else. i am pickled here, never heard this sound before and i have a intermediate knowlegde of engines, 2 options i may take engine out an rebuild if i cant find it, aaaahhh or leave it till its breaks then i wil know for sure what it is.... dont really want option 2 though.

i need a 4EFTE doctor anyone???

Don't worry about it mate, injector noise should increase as you put more load on them due to the increase in pressure that's needed :) is the car still driving the same? Could be a serious case of paranoia lol

gents really loving the help .. thank you,

ok firstly not to up to date with the shorted wording - what does ICV stand for please?

also car drives mint, no issues there at all very stong engine the little 4EFTE. i like them easy to work on also.

i would like to run a little more power now up it from 160bhp to 180bhp on a CT9 Turbo, got any ideas, i have the following suporting mods -

Front mount

greddy adjest BOV

Air filter

upgraded HT leads.

dyno print of 160bhp

what is the next step, i love this car and i really want to car for it. if she is ill i need to make her better, p.s paranoia is problem for me its becuase i care :thumbsup: