Collecting cars with no tax or MOT

So what have people done in the past to collect a car with no tax or MOT? I don't really have easy access to a trailer and some of the cars I've been looking at are far far too far away to consider driving back at 2am hoping to not see any police :p not that I think I ever would anyway.

It did cross my mind that maybe the AA would "recover" it? But I'm very doubtful that it would happen.

you can pay for people to collect and drop it off on a flat bed. I payed 100 pound threw the fella I got a car off to collect and drop off don't know who he used though but im sure if you looked it up be easy as

Try Shipley.com you post what you have or want collecting and various companies put in offers. I'd imagine they cover cars but i'm not 100% if they do.

Sometimes it's cheap other times its quite expensive but might be worth a look

You could book in for MOT and drive it that way. I believe youre allowed to drive a car without tax and MOT as long as youre driving to the MOT center. Would have to insure it.

Ive done this before, only travelled a few miles though.

Ive had a GT shell couried before, 300 quid.

If the car is driveable then just drive it, make sure you have AA cover as a backup if it fucks on the way home.