If you want a reliable stock engine you jus' have to get a thicker metal headgasket in there, this will take alot of stress of the con rods, pistons, bearings and fasteners and will take healthy boost pressure too, but good tuning will be required for sure. I'm for response and on the EP82 when i was on hybrid ct9 @ 18 odd psi, it was quicker then a ep91 running 15 psi on a TD04 in all respects.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the td04 a waste on stock internals, the majority of people running these won't be much quicker than the hybrids out there if not slower but at the same time if your planning forging the engine you might aswell go td04 for the long run and push towards 300bhp which is more than enough for the weight of these cars but like I said before for the price of the ct9 hybrid set up the td04 route is on the plate.

If you want a reliable stock engine you jus' have to get a thicker metal headgasket in there, this will take alot of stress of the con rods, pistons, bearings and fasteners and will take healthy boost pressure too, but good tuning will be required for sure. I'm for response and on the EP82 when i was on hybrid ct9 @ 18 odd psi, it was quicker then a ep91 running 15 psi on a TD04 in all respects.

Never heard that

Any suggestions to a good stronger gasket? Would stronger head bolts be good as well I take it?

Edited by amatthews45

Never heard that

Any suggestions to a good stronger gasket? Would stronger head bolts be good as well I take it?

You don't need to buy anything more just a decent map will be good enough don't buy parts that don't need replaced put money elsewhere :)

You don't need to buy anything more just a decent map will be good enough don't buy parts that don't need replaced put money elsewhere :)

What will std engine take on a good map?

These engines are new to me I seen people forge when going past 200 bhp but I recently been thinking aiming for 200 on a gt25 should be easy enough

So std stuff OK?

I see the td04 a waste on stock internals, the majority of people running these won't be much quicker than the hybrids out there if not slower but at the same time if your planning forging the engine you might aswell go td04 for the long run and push towards 300bhp which is more than enough for the weight of these cars but like I said before for the price of the ct9 hybrid set up the td04 route is on the plate.

Not true at all mine is an animal td04 1bar stock internals goes so much better than ct9 hybrid which runs out of puff as it gets higher up the Rev range where as td04 keeps pulling even at 150mph was still wanting to give more.

spec:

ramhorn manifold, td04l 13t, decat 2 1/2 stainless steel exhaust, e manage blue + 3 bar map sensor, manual boost controller, rrfpr, stock injectors, fmic, relocated air filter, walbro 255 fuel pump, trd pressure plate exedy 3 paddle friction plate and alloy half size radiator.

I'm getting full boost at 3800 rpm and pulls right to limiter not like the ct9 runs out of puff very fast.

kevin

Edited by glanzatd04l220

Not true at all mine is an animal td04 1bar stock internals goes so much better than ct9 hybrid which runs out of puff as it gets higher up the Rev range where as td04 keeps pulling even at 150mph was still wanting to give more.

I can only go off my mates td04 @1bar 220 I was running stock turbo ported mani @1bar pnp ecu and we were head to head on the straight, yeah the td04 has much more top end power but how many people go past 100mph the majority of the time I only say it's not worth going hybrid anymore because it's the same price if not cheaper going for the bigger turbo route, by the time the smaller turbo runs out of puff the spool time and torque have already pushed it in front :p

Vf turbos ftw piss's on td04 all day long. Great power for less dollar

Reminds me, ive a spare vf8 turbo here for you. (i broke a bit off the compressor housing trying something stupid.)

so not looking any money for it, but rest of the turbo is grand if the other one ever gives out you could swap it out for this.

Pick it up anytime your up north man.

Phil

Edited by Philm

Yeah but td04 properly setup will hammer a ct9 if the person can drive. I've seen online people starting in the wrong gear etc as if they think it's good to have lag haha

Yes.

Vf turbos ftw piss's on td04 all day long. Great power for less dollar

And yes :)

Yeah but td04 properly setup will hammer a ct9 if the person can drive. I've seen online people starting in the wrong gear etc as if they think it's good to have lag haha

I'm just judging off what I saw from one td04 and it didn't hammer me like I suspected it should of after all you don't have to be Jenson button to drive in a straight line just most people jizz over the td04 because they run an extra 20bhp or so more than a hybrid it's not worth the hassle imo that's why I say forged engine 260 plus but each to their own :)

I can only go off my mates td04 @1bar 220 I was running stock turbo ported mani @1bar pnp ecu and we were head to head on the straight, yeah the td04 has much more top end power but how many people go past 100mph the majority of the time I only say it's not worth going hybrid anymore because it's the same price if not cheaper going for the bigger turbo route, by the time the smaller turbo runs out of puff the spool time and torque have already pushed it in front :p

a stock ported mani is waaaay to resticted at a bar on tdo4 !!!!!! check the cfm of a ct9 hybrid v td !!!!! any form of ct9 stinks there only good around town

a stock ported mani is waaaay to resticted at a bar on tdo4 !!!!!! check the cfm of a ct9 hybrid v td !!!!! any form of ct9 stinks there only good around town

It was me with the mani lol I would of been off with a free flowing one bit yes in general the TD04 is the way to go, if I never found the ct9 k1 I would of went ewg TD04 :)