Was advised to do this some time ago by a mate Dan who has a project up here so thought I'd do the same after I became slightly addicted to 'little bits here and there'.

So here goes.

Bought in February as cheap 'first' car (had a Suzuki swift GTi before this but its not road worthy [for sale if interested]) less than a week after passing test. Found by a friend of mine out of pure luck and its been amazing. 179K miles, clearly owned by a family (crayon marks on rear cards) paid £450 asking price.

Here it is being looked at by myself and my granddad.

DSC_0005_3_zpsac3af51f.jpg

DSC_0004_3_zps25aa3f55.jpg

Bought a splitter off an old Astra which got fitted and promptly knocked off, so here is the next one, which is from a MK3 Golf VR6, fits nicely after being trimmed as it was a couple inches too wide. Also wind deflectors, badly vinyl wrapped grills. Took the wheel trims off too.

DSC_0125_zps1b720838.jpg

Nice JDM Plates off ebay.

DSC_0038_1_zps9c9f56c6.jpg
DSC_0039_1_zps8549350d.jpg

TTE Spoiler bought off Dan

DSC_0041_1_zps1003c4fc.jpg

New shoes, Cav Slabs, £50 literally bought them to see how 15" wheels would sit. But they have grown on me.

DSC_0044_2_zpsc4afa553.jpg

40mm lowering springs. That was surprisingly easy to do.

DSC_0062_zpse78095b9.jpg

Few stickers here and there (I can't resist stickers) (also mud flaps)

DSC_0106_1_zps6a0f55a3.jpg

DSC_0108_1_zpsf775b8ba.jpg

White walls (tipex) hells yeh!

DSC_0109_1_zps2f900485.jpg

Bought some cheap yellow fog lights off ebay which bolted to the bumper really nicely. Only issue is I don't know how to go about wiring them up :/ Any help here would be really appreciated.

DSC_0005_zps5851a76b.jpg

Roof Rack (cost almost as much as the car!)

DSC_0066_zps360ce16a.jpg

My Latest triumph! I do not care what people say...I love these!

DSC_0160_zpsedeadd8d.jpg

So this is how she stands now.

DSC_0164_zps72dc7143.jpg

The future....

Rota Grid Wheels hopefully
Bit of tuning engine wise (none so far)
New shocks (the stiffer springs makes it bounce)
Maybe some bucket seats

Really need some help with those fog lights at the moment though guys.

You're Andrew with the corolla's mate right?

Welcome along you should find most the info you need from members on here.

Fogs shouldn't be too bad. Find a power supply from headlights or sidelights (worst case off the battery with an external fuse), run the earth into the cabin, put it to a switch then to ground. That's how I would probably go about it.

You're Andrew with the corolla's mate right?

Welcome along you should find most the info you need from members on here.

Fogs shouldn't be too bad. Find a power supply from headlights or sidelights (worst case off the battery with an external fuse), run the earth into the cabin, put it to a switch then to ground. That's how I would probably go about it.

Yeh I know Andrew, have we met?

• 3 weeks later...

OK, update, exhaust centre box cut out as it was scraping on everything, tracking fixed as ive gone through a new set of Hankooks in 4 months and, Ive cobbled together these 2 E11 grills into 1.

DSC_0361_zps2198d2a2.jpg

What do we think?

But Mikey, you basically just listed everything I've done to it lol. Just trying to make it a little unique. It's a GLS not a sportif, nicer interior and electronic windows.

And you know I did have to get towed the other week and the splitter was fine even with a rope under it. Was very impressed.

Edited by Manix90

I love those days where you randomly get stuff done, like today I wired the fog lights, cant wait to get a chance to see how bright they are but I wont be about to use the car for the next few days.

DSC_0391_zps9de8bdf8.jpg

It was meant to be a Corolla E11 brill but it turned out to be to small so I bought another one and used 60% of each grill and stuck em together. I need to find a better way tonsil them as the cable ties are fairly noticable.

• 4 months later...

So we had an issue with the foglights wired into the side lights, they blew on a monthly bases. So dont try that, it doesnt work. Mine (once new ones arrive(old ones got smashed :( )) are now wired into a sperate switch with a fuse and a relay and all that good stuff. took a little while but it will be worth it.

OK time for the real update. Ive been spending lots of money on little bits. Firstly new Wheels, arent they pretty.
IMG_20141004_114027707_HDR_zpsf678b28b.j

Im not sure they are exactly what I wanted but They were there when i had money, if anyone has any white rally inspired wheels Id consider a swap.

Then we got some coilovers (ISC) which are fab, OEM wind deflectors (So now i really need to paint the tops of my doors :/.
Adjustable pan hard rod, so now the wheels dont scrape the arches, because they are so damn close.

Oh and cup holders, finally have cup holders. Ill get some pics of all the little bits soon enough.

Currently being fitted we have Glanza skirts, and glanza brakes :p Cannot wait!

The bay finally got a clean for the (probably) first time in 190 thousand miles.

IMG_20141126_163503419_zpsd328a8f4.jpg

And we said goodbye to our old friend, the GTi :'( sad times indeed.

IMG_20141122_095325518_HDR_zps4609d3c6.j

Haha I just happen to have some nasty petrol that we emptied out of my mates fuel filter. Funny story actually, he came round to mine in his slammed Bummer and my wonky driveway tor a hole in it. I mean who puts a fuel filter under the car. He fixed it so no problem. Just a trail of fuel.