POLICE FINE !

Went to Milton Keynes summer show down meet tonight for a quick browse but anyway to the point

Everybody was leaving for second location and i was few mates and i had sat nav so i took the lead, drove out normally not fast or anything as there was a police car at the roundabout and he came after me as soon as he saw me !

got 100 yards up the road and got pulled, did the normal checks tires, insurance etc i thought i had nothing to worry about !

Whilst taking my details i saw that i had a £50 pound fine so i said to the officer am in trouble , and she said that one of main bulb hadn't switch on which was my hid which sometimes takes a second switch on and off to come on which is what i said to her and showed her there and then on scene !

She said that i couldn't have square plates on my "Nissan Mirca" ! which is absolutely a load of shite because its a jap import but she says that shes going to let me off for that ?

Had to sign the fine which i thought was £50 and it had been changed to £100 just for one defective bulb !

I wouldn't mind but i sorted there and then and no idea that it was even out !

I was nice as pie to the officer , i didn't have no attitude or rudeness towards her at all even though i was fuming about the fine

My question how can she change a £50 fine which has then been changed on my slip £100 for a headlight bulb that i sorted on the scene and had no idea it even out !!

Sorry for exclamation marks but i am fuming about !

Should have tried to wiggle it as you were oblivious to the problem. They might have told you to get it sorted and let you go.

But whats the deal with hid's? Arent they meant to be fitted to cars with headlight washers only? Maybe they just didnt mention it and added it to your fine.

mate your not alone last time i took my starlet out in mk i got a £100 fine for slightly incorrect number plate font. I was like you and went mental at the copper refused to sign anything and he even followed me home but just had to suck it up in the end and pay up as not a leg to stand on really. Just pricks and I've totally lost any respect for police after that night.

Thing is boys , i was calm as anything ! i had no idea it wasn't on and i'm not bullshitting either ! , on my fine it said £50 and shes changed to £100 , i thought you get the chance to get a bulb done if its out ? i turn't my lights off and on and it came on first time

Edited by GlanzaJ

This seems the general census on things

Outside the time (sunrise to sunset) the exemptions apply so:

OFFENCE

Max fine £1,000 - no points.

Options of Plod

verbal warning and VDRS, or

Fixed penalty,or

Summons to Court

If a bulb blows duing the day you can get away with a warning. If its blown at night its instantly one of the above options.

Chances are she hasn't met her quota of fines handed out this month so is getting a bit harsh on people. Guess you just got unlucky. Not sure why she changed the fine though? Maybe because you knew about it?

If you got a ref number you can call up and chase down what shes put down the fine as on record and what thats booked down as might have the reason for the change?

Edited by morgey

I got £100 fine for my front reg plate being too small.

I wasn't a cock, I wasn't driven like a idiot when I got pulled or anything.

He could have easy give me a warning and told me to get it changed asap and let me on my way.

But nope, he was a prick as per.

I think what happened to me has happened to you.

Basically, they haven't pulled no one all night, as everyone has been good.

And you've been a easy catch for them, as I was.

The thing that get's me is that you can't even argue it to be honest ! , i thought that she would of gave me the benefit of the doubt !

Its better to just take it and be on you're way then try fight it.

Its a shame really, but once you start you're just gonna dig a bigger hole and end up in bigger shit.

Yeh mate it's defiantly a shame that this is way things are these days !

We get associated with the people who will put there live at risk on the open road when all i went for is too see some mates and have a laugh !

Unfortunately this is way the car scene is going and why people are packing up because tha'ts how i feel

To top off I'm not aloud Sqaure plates on a "Nissan Mirca" !

They are just feeding you that to guilt trip you, "oh this is wrong too, but i'll let you off THIS time, heres a ticket for your other problem"....Always the case!

Aren't HID's illegal anyway if they aren't fitted from factory? They are fucking bright and piss me off lol

Unfortunately this is the way some police are, not all but some, I was pulled in my last glanza by a copper who was combing my car for something after argueing with me that my front windows were tinted which they were not he said he wouldn't use his light tester and let me off but gave me a £60 fine for not displaying my number plate correctly even though I told him it had fallen off as I was on my way too work, but then I've also been pulled a few times before that and nothing. Police are suppose to be there to make you feel safe but I can't name anyone I know who's not worried when they see a police car on the road

she had a dry vagina, and just felt it was ok to fine you such amount for it.. lol

seriously tho what a c**t

She defiantly did LOL !!!

I would of thought that because i rectified it at the side of the road they wouldn't of gave me the fine !

To top off I'm not aloud Sqaure plates on a "Nissan Mirca" !

I'm sure you'd be heartbroken about that if you were in a Micra!

Hate that the popo can get away with shit like this, though. And then they complain that no ones on their side, and we're all adversarial and whatever when they deliberately antagonise people for shits and giggles.

Ugh, rage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...