painting my GT this week. can't decide what colour.

I've finally finished removing dents and scrapes from my mk1 gt and have always had the intention of spraying it in the original 040 white... but now that the prep is done and i'm ready for the colour I'm not too sure because I can literally do any colour I want lol. There are a few things that make me want to keep it white, used white primer incase paint chips on the front from stones over time it won't be as noticeable, it would be original colour, white is easy to work with.... But then I think gloss black would be sweet... Or a solid red or white with a tint of blue to make it look cold... I don't know. That's why you're going to try help me decide lol! Hopefully... Right now I'm thinking either just original white or go a little brighter white if I can.

My Vote is:

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/page/articles.html/_/exterior/jdm-factory-colour-guide-r18

Colour Code: 040/4L5

Colour Name: Super White II & Beige Metallic

Rarity: The Rarest, Not Even Photographed...

Old School Paint Job to suit Old School Car! If you find original GT rims too. Will get moist..

Red. Red. Red.

White would he okay though.

Red.

You and your red haha :p

My Vote is:http://www.ukstarletowners.com/page/articles.html/_/exterior/jdm-factory-colour-guide-r18Colour Code: 040/4L5Colour Name: Super White II & Beige MetallicRarity: The Rarest, Not Even Photographed...Old School Paint Job to suit Old School Car! If you find original GT rims too. Will get moist..

I like the idea and would be cool to see but personally I think it's a horrible colour combination lol. I appreciate it's rareness but I don't like it haha :p.

id stick to 040 such a clean simple colour that looks so good

I have this thought too. Although it would be nice to be a little different.

Don't get me started on colours hahaha. Got to love 040 for it's crispness but would be nice to see a flat dark gunmetal grey colour. has to be reasonably dark though...

the beige is metallic and slightly pearl too though- said he wants to avoid that due to cost and would need to also buy lacquer then too. But i do agree would be cool lol

also, let me come play when you do spray it? :D

Gunmetal sounds nice. Not sure how it would look without it being a mica though. Just be dark grey I guess... And yeah you can come when I paint it if you like :). Need to get a date yet but it will more than likely be next weekend. Will let you know :).

Think its just going to have to be 040 guys. I'll be doing the door shuts etc anyway but you can still never be sure to get every single bit of the car in every tiny area and I want it to look perfect without going back and doing little bits in the future. I'll be painting the engine bay too when I change the clutch in the near future so might do that something a little different to make it stand out :).