Dans Black GT - Project N/a

good to see you got the engine it mate. your fairly coming along with this build.

Yeah engine went in easy, got to love a crane haha. And im just wanting it done and on the road asap really, the shell still has an MOT so no point messing about :) Plus i want to be back in a starlet again, even if its a N/a one :) Then i can punt the Corolla and use the money to buy the exhaust for the 85 in time for the winter and can have some mad 4paw action !!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah engine went in easy, got to love a crane haha. And im just wanting it done and on the road asap really, the shell still has an MOT so no point messing about :) Plus i want to be back in a starlet again, even if its a N/a one :) Then i can punt the Corolla and use the money to buy the exhaust for the 85 in time for the winter and can have some mad 4paw action !!

quite right get it all done asap especially with it still havin MOT. be a fun wee car something different anyway. and ye need your 4 paw come winter wish i had one haha
  • 10 months later...

Christ well this is a thread from the dead!

Today was the first time i have worked on this since september.. charged the battery, put an inlet manifold on it, filled with oil and started it up :)

Gonna steal a few parts from my 85 since its fucked and off the road. Like civic radiator kit, wheels to use temporarily and steering wheel.

Got some parts i need to buy but not for a month or so :)

Panhard rod

Suspension that isnt fucked

Quadlights

Washer motor and plug

Brake flexi hoses all round

Front brake pads

GT exhaust, then modified

Grille - after MOT

Door cards - after MOT

Will be quite good to get this on the road finally :)

i kinda forgot you had this ha. this gonna be the daily once the lexus is gone?

I kinda forgot aswell haha. Yeah man, this should make a pretty decent daily, dont get me wrong the lexus is a fuckin awesome daily but i need rid of it before the winter or i will die in it haha!

Good to see you making more progress with her!

I have a full decated exhaust system for a GT ill be selling if your interested?

Cheers Dale, been fuckin ages since i came got that engine off you!

I might be interested depending when you were getting rid. Was gonna get the backbox chopped off and put by 5zigen border 304 on it :)

Shame about the 4wd Dan suppose it's not so bad tho having a Lex to get about in for the time being, still got the gt shell here if you are stuck for any little bits let me know.

James

It was only a matter of time before i blew up the 85 haha, i was pretty much flat out in 5th when it went! 85 will be back eventually when ive got it how i want it :) The GS300 is pretty ballin tbh so i do like cutting about in that haha, although its got to soon!

The only bits i can think of atm are in my wee list, but will no doubt think of other bits i need :)

Cheers Dale, been fuckin ages since i came got that engine off you!

I might be interested depending when you were getting rid. Was gonna get the backbox chopped off and put by 5zigen border 304 on it :)

It can go whenever it's sitting in my lockup. I got it for my GT but keeping her original so im not putting it on. Don't have a clue what make it is or anything.
  • 2 weeks later...

Managed to find a bit of time to get some stuff done on this N/a GT.

GT brakes are on

Clutch is bled

PAS fluid in

Radiator on and system bled

Set of 14" steelies on for now

Ignition timing set

Standard N/a exhaust mani is off

Hopefully my front brake flexi hoses are on the way, ive secured a Sera 4-2-1 exhaust mani so within the next while i'll have that. Then nip over to see Dale for an exhaust and a couple other bits.

Since it is running and the clutch is bled.... i took it out a quick drive up and down the street haha, with no brakes, a very poor handbrake, no exhaust whatsoever not even a manifold and no panhard rod fitted :D

This is how the bay is atm, its all just old shit flung together to function and no more, so obviously not pretty.

20150806_173806_zpsir2o71px.jpg

And beside the 85 which is still fucked and missing a few more parts haha.

20150806_173727_zpsvvxvpipb.jpg

And lastly my drug dealer GS300 should be sold this weekend, im fed up with 17mpg now :p

pfft i still wouldnt trust one with no engine ha! you going to get the n/a running intime for the lexus going or going to pick up another cheap daily?

Scissor jacks are solid.. :D

The N/a wont be done for a few weeks by the time i get the rest of the parts and that. You'll love this... gonna get Pauls Corolla off him i think haha.

jesus a sissor jack is brave for the 85 ha!

You wana try the oem one's you get in a swift wouldn't trust it to hold a slice of bread up!

Dan sell all you have and get that 95 on the run that doors been the same colour for ages lol

Dan sell all you have and get that 95 on the run that doors been the same colour for ages lol

I'd like a 95 aswell, but couldnt bring myself to sell the 85, its a total piece of shit but when its working its a laugh! Both my doors are white, its been about 2 years now :D

You wana try the oem one's you get in a swift wouldn't trust it to hold a slice of bread up!

i had to use one on a clio years ago and the car was swaying in the wind about to fall off the jack wasnt even that windy! horrid things!

dans sadly to busy out "cutting shapes" and chasing chubbys round the country to finish the ep85 :D

i had to use one on a clio years ago and the car was swaying in the wind about to fall off the jack wasnt even that windy! horrid things!

dans sadly to busy out "cutting shapes" and chasing chubbys round the country to finish the ep85 :D

You reckon he can scissor jack the chubbys as good as that on the drive lol???

I'd like a 95 aswell, but couldnt bring myself to sell the 85, its a total piece of shit but when its working its a laugh! Both my doors are white, its been about 2 years now :D

Get it sorted oooot stop spending all ya cash on chubbys?? Haha

You reckon he can scissor jack the chubbys as good as that on the drive lol???

he's certainly practiced enough to be an expert! rumour has it hes often seen crusing round falkirk in the lexus with a KFC bucket hanging of each wing mirror in search of a new victim! sorry i mean lady friend!