Dans Black GT - Project N/a

Just got this delivered today !! It was on here for sale for a while with a forged engine that had an unknown problem. _shaun_ bought it, a few of us went round to strip the car of its aftermarket parts and because Shaun is a top man he gave me the shell :)

As it stands its needing quite a bit of work to get it road worthy again. Ive always been wanting to do a EP82 N/a build and since i have some JDM 100ps stuff here i'll fire it all onto this car :) I have the 100ps ECU, engine loom, pink injectors and exhaust manifold. I also have my daily 4EFE Corolla i that might donate its engine, box and some other stuff to the GT.

20140823_151756_zpswqtuspyz.jpg

20140823_151741_zpsu0cpp6zt.jpg

And this is how the 85 sits at the moment, ignore the IC pipe lol.

20140823_151929_zpsgtyg9cdj.jpg

And this is the current daily beast lol.

20140823_152959_zpsvrl9tf7x.jpg

Engine and box are in great condition so yeah probably gonna rip them out and fire them in the GT shell :)

Will get going with this soon, probably... :D

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can imagine dan haha. Will need to get through to see your starlet one time I'm home

Aye man defo, need to finish this 4paw and get a good blast !! Just need a custom exhaust made up and its done :) Just need to save up a bit haha

I'll give you a shout in couple weeks when home want to see the 4 paw

Yeah man no worries, its no on the road yet but.

Will make a good n/a especially were u have the 100 ps parts, very nice little package.

good luck with build

Cheers Mikey, im looking forward to having it done :)

nice project man. looks really clean.

av still got ma wee sportif spares starlet if your needing a n/a engine etc.

Ano man its only done 68'000 kilometers, and yeah defo, im needing lots of parts, canny be fucked stripping the corolla just to build this... I'll give you a PM at some point and we sort stuff out :)

Hmmmmm no updates crack on lad

Haha i know, i done some things to it last night like fit the 100ps ECU & engine harness, tidied up interior and its all in place :)

Hadn't seen this,Can't fault Shaun for that mate, will make a nice inexpensive daily by the look of it.

Liking the new avatar by the way lol, true story?? :D

Yeah hes one of the good guys !!

Haha yeah man, happens all the time :D lol

Bit of an update, so yesterday i went across to Dale SR's place, we then set about ripping the engine & gearbox, plus a few other parts, out his white sportif spares car.

Gonna give them a clean up, re-seal the sump, replace a few parts and then drop them into the shell soon :)

20140831_135745_zps33zsydi1.jpg

And this is how the GT bay is atm, needs a good clean up. The JDM Gen1 N/a loom is in place, it plugs right into the MK3 GT fusebox which is very convenient :)

20140831_151054_zpsjjzijdxy.jpg

Ok so i spent a bit of time messing about with this earlier. Resealed the sump whilst i had the chance.

20140901_141907_zpsoyvjafzh.jpg

Then attached the box and starter, then dropped it in.

20140901_153647_zpsqdzxcovp.jpg

Then fitted my Gen1 pink injectors to my Gen3 fuel rail, this rail was removed from a 99 JDM EP91 Carat which i had a while ago, the FPR on it is quite unusual and has two separate diaphragms. Its ment to run a higher pressure than the other FPRs but who knows. Im also using the GT fuel filter setup rather than the N/a one because it looks fsr better.

20140901_163223_zpsq6dsrpaq.jpg

Also decided against using the Gen1 exhaust manifold because it has a stinking big CAT in it so for now i have the Gen2 exhaust manifold on. I also have a GT exhaust system here which is 2.25" i think. But ive chopped it up so i'll need it welded back up to use it. And then a bit of custom section made so it meets up to the exhaust manifold.

This is how the bay sits atm, theres no rear centre mount in place yet its in the post so ignore the funny angle it sits at haha.

20140901_185206_zpsmkmdnpvv.jpg

Im also using the N/a PAS setup because it looks a bit neater, rather than the GT route which had metal pipe right up by the wing and headlight.

20140901_185212_zpskrazrgh0.jpg

Whilst i was at it i swapped the thermostat housing out for a GT one i had sitting, all the sensors match up to my Gen1 N/a EP85 engine loom which is now in place in this, the alternator and starter im using from the 97 sportif also use the same plugs so its all been a breeze :) Also have to go and pick up an FTE inlet manilfold soon.

Think thats about it really :)

Absolutely storming ahead with this ha be good to see it getting put to good use!

Thanks man, i tend to do the majority of the work to the starlets in the first couple of weeks then just tail off and leave them haha. Gonna try stick at this one and get it on the road asap !! And yes it'll be put to good use :D

Yoo looking good. If you need any more jdm turbo bits there plenty lying on my shelf

Ok man thanks !! Got a list here but should have most of it sorted pretty soon :)