dont forget a td04 can be picked up for peanuts, a gt20 will no doubt be a lot lot more. theres a reason a td04 is so popular lol. my old car with headwork used to light up all 3 boost lights at a smidge over 3000rpm on a td04.

Edited by richglanzav

I don't understand why people have an issue with td04?

There's hardly any lag at all?

Surely you would want it to come on full boost 300rpm later and pull all the way to the redline rather than come on that little earlier and run out off puff? Unless it was just to be used on track with lots of corners or country lanes?

I have to agree with matt1978. I have just ordered the WEPR Billet wheel td04 hybrid kit. I have never been in a td04 starlet EVER but I am willing to sacrifice 300 rpm for it to pull hard to the redline. Don't get me wrong I do love spool on a ct9 but as mentioned. They run out of puff and is very noticeable.

Anyone have a boost graph for a gt20 on a 4e does it die off on the top end

I'm sure Sacha@ Wepr will have a graph dude.

Does a GT20 have the same pull as a TD04 through the midrange? At the same boost pressure I always thought that the TD04 was the best suited stock turbo for a stock 4EFTE as it's not very laggy and will pull hard all the way

hey guys..there's no real drop off in power up top (cant believe some of your compared it to the ct9 haha)...the GT20 is only a little smaller than a td04. overall it only makes roughly 20hp less than what a stock td04 is capable of at full tilt. i dont have any graphs..but the gt20 has been in use for years in other similar smaller displacement engine circles (swifts, minis etc and other 1000-1300cc motors) making good power...so its a very capable turbo for anyone looking for less lag. they are also very durable turbos capable of taking a lot of abuse. but obviously not as cheap as a td04 to replace. but being brand new..it should last you a fair few years.

1bar@3200rpm on 4th gear on a 4E. i dont think my GTX35 on my car is laggy lol..so i wonder when people complain about td04 having lag hehe..but everyone's different. if you are really that worried about lag..put the GT20 on a 5e. you'd make similar hp figures to a stock td04 with similar or faster spool up than a ct9. i should have a 5e+GT20 graph soon from a customer who just bolt one of our kits on.

while you wait..

http://youtu.be/BXvhvArEfxU

sacha

I presume they act like a gt20 but same flanges and fitment as td04 so works with the wide range of td04 kits. Spools faster than a td04 but would say if youre looking for over 230bhp go for td04. I have standard internals so 229bhp with minimal lag suits me

Edited by Haresign