Why are glanza/ starlet owners so stuck up

Saxo's, 106's, corsas and mg zr's are common as muck aswell but don't make them good cars

Not anymore their not, they used to be. Very rarely do I see any of those cars you mentioned where I am, and yes they were a good car for their time.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saxo's, 106's, corsas and mg zr's are common as muck aswell but don't make them good cars

For the market they were built for I'd say that we're a good car

Cheap parts

Insurance

Cheap tax

Maybe not the most desirable or we'll engineered but look how long they've been around

My eg was fun, handled well, sounded nice and looked nice. Good overall car. The only downside is the scene. Full of camber fags, flat peaks, rotas and it gets nothing but abuse from every other car scene because honda boys do nothing but bang on about vtec and rev limiter at shit for no reason... loved the car, hard the scene. Would still like to own a turbo civic at some point.

Very good point dude but its the same with some people that own starlets bangin on about dump valves and td04's i here that at meets and things but i agree the honda scene is messed up.

I miss my honda more than any other but thats only because its rare being the ef9 sir i just loved the look of it and didnt care about the scene i do my own thing

Firstly i think you have the wrong Forum.

i wouldnt call Glanza owners stuck up at all, i have been to a lot of meets / asked for help and have never been let down. friendly people.

i used to have an EP3 before my Glanza had it running @ 245bhp = boaring as F**k - common as shit, i drive down a duel carriage way daily and alli see at 9pm every night is Hondas. there everywhere.

they dont like it when i turn up in my EP91 though, that why i make the back of my EP91 look so good - (thats all they see) . :p

Honda are good dont get me wrong but i only like the rare and excotic.

give me a turbo over Vtec anyday.

any way fancy a pint :thumbsup:

Not anymore their not, they used to be. Very rarely do I see any of those cars you mentioned where I am, and yes they were a good car for their time.

You should come to Hull... 99% of "modified" cars are saxo's or corsas lowered with the standard wheels rattle canned black...

I love to see a nice honda now and again makes a change from the above shite.

NEVER see another starlet apart from sam or occasionally shaggy or bear.

Edited by funny onion

Agree that EP3's are common as muck, but does that not go to show that its a good car? It's a well rounded car with the k20 which is virtually bulletproof even with a turbo strapped to it making 350bhp on a stock block.

The K20 engine bullet proof. The car...meh. the Gearboxes are NOTORIOUSLY WANK! When working, probably one of the best boxes I have ever used, WHEN WORKING. My brother has had nothing but complaints with the gearbox on his 60K mile EP3. As said when it's working then brilliant. But it gets REALLY stiff to enter gears sometimes.

But I like them. Amazing fun to drive and really easy.

If we're going to be realistic and not just go on about starlet this and honda that, you're basically just tarring one particular group of people with the same brush. There are a few stuck up starlet owners just like there are a few stuck up dairy farmers and fireplace carpenters. Can't just assume that because you didn't get on with one or two owners that the rest are the same. I met a guy in his 30s by racing his jaguar and having a laugh at the next traffic lights. Turns out he owns his own computer software programming company, drives a mint db7 at the weekend and lives in a quiet little village where he spends most nights in the local, yet he bantered to me for ages about my GT, bought me a few pints and he's so down to earth despite his income and lifestyle that I'd say he was my age and no way could he own a jag and a Aston Martin if I hadn't met him in person and seen it for myself...

My point is you can't judge a group of people by a car they drive. The scene may be a certain style. Starlets are typically quite tidy and fast which you might find stuck up if you came from a saxo scene which might be no exhaust and matte black rattle can jobs. But every owner is different. The Aston Martin owner who bought the starlet owner a pint and became mates is a good example.