price guide please

Just take a look under the drivers seat. If the amp is there you're on a winner. I think you might need to change the entire interior loom though to sell that with it which might be more effort than its worth.

The car is gonna be ripped apart any way and all redone so if it's there will look into removing it, there's boxed and piles of parts on back seat and in boot so god knows what's there

Is it really ? Lol. Theyve been advertised and selling for that for a while now. God knows why. I'm not into all this optional shit :)

Agreed with that's optional stuff is over rated

Is it really ? Lol. Theyve been advertised and selling for that for a while now. God knows why. I'm not into all this optional shit :)

Maybe someone else should have stood up and said that it was a joke before I did then instead of just watching people get ass raped lol.

Im sure its only a multiplug under the drivers seat which unplugs the optional amp so all it good no need to pull out full looms, Toyota werent that cruel :)

It does unplug but the loom then goes from under the seat to the right hand side of the pedals and also behind the stereo I believe. I don't think it unplugs from there either. Could be wrong but ill let you know tomorrow when I have a look lol

Im sure its only a multiplug under the drivers seat which unplugs the optional amp so all it good no need to pull out full looms, Toyota werent that cruel :)

swear I saw a old celica toyota amp the other day cheap!

Gonna look under my seat tommorow for the loom now.

I could be intrested in shocks and bumper if its black.

Maybe someone else should have stood up and said that it was a joke before I did then instead of just watching people get ass raped lol.

It does unplug but the loom then goes from under the seat to the right hand side of the pedals and also behind the stereo I believe. I don't think it unplugs from there either. Could be wrong but ill let you know tomorrow when I have a look lol

People were happily paying big money for optionals so there was nothing to be said really. Infact if you look in the wanted threads for them a few actually say stuff like willing to pay top dollar haha. Still madness though.

Ive got the amp aswell. I'll compare the looms in both my starlets but i cant see Toyota being that fuckin obtuse that youd need a whole interior loom to fit an optional amp in a starlet which didnt have one from factory. The looms are littered with multiplugs tapped away to add in optional stuff like ignition barrel lights and shit :)

Edited by daniel_g

The uncut front bumper for the GT.... is worth a clean fortune if its a mk1 bumper with the lower lip intact and the bumper truely uncut/never trimmed slight for a front mount etc.

you'll get 120-150 for it.

Phil

Also colour makes a difference??

hmm its highly unlikely to be perfect IE unmarked paintwork, and the sort of folk wanting a uncut mk1 bumper need the paintwork A1 so will likely be getting it painted anyways.

personally i searched high and low, and found 1 without fogs/lower lip for 50 plus the lower lip 50 + fogs plus paint wouldnt have been this side of 200 finished.

97A211E6-AF48-4E85-B5FE-DA62B6EF85CD_1.j

Phil

Edited by Philm

Jos mk2/3 bumper was uncut and freshly painted with yellow fogs and she paid 60. Charlotte is currently selling her mk1 bumper with lip for £50. The middle is cut out but as she said you can still mount a plate in there no issues and you would be none the wiser. Granted it needs painting though. Personally I think anyone that pays more than £120 for a standard bumper in very good condition is a bit "doolally" even if its a mk1 lol.

Jos mk2/3 bumper was uncut and freshly painted with yellow fogs and she paid 60. Charlotte is currently selling her mk1 bumper with lip for £50. The middle is cut out but as she said you can still mount a plate in there no issues and you would be none the wiser. Granted it needs painting though. Personally I think anyone that pays more than £120 for a standard bumper in very good condition is a bit "doolally" even if its a mk1 lol.

Everyone has a different opinion your welcome to yours. :)

mine would be that a mk2/3 bumper could be lifted of any number of breakers for 30/40/50quid. you could play breakers of each other and get one cheap enough, but it would always not be a mk1 bumper. (so therefore useless to me)

And a Mk1 that i would like comes at a premium, Charlottles for example is worth 50 in your eyes (plus postage/collection & paint would stand you maybe 150/170 by the time is looks ok.) but its worth £0 me, it has a hole cut in it.

Thats were things get confusing, if i had a cut up mk1 bumper or mk2/3 bumper yeah id sell them for the prices mentioned, but i wouldnt put one on my car.

There are other people just the same as me in south of Ireland/UK and whilst that may sound ridiculous to you,

but i only need one bumper (hopefully) so ill pay to have it painted well and make an intercooler kit to fit with it uncut.

i could have a gt with a rusty bonnet laquer peeling roof and front bumper cut to bits with a manky old fmic hanging out the front, and it would work rightly.

But it wouldnt sit right with me. i would struggle to enjoy driving it during daylight hours.

Phil

Edited by Philm

the bottom line is, you know what you like Phil, and you're prepared to pay for it, be it an inflated price in someone else's eyes or not.

I paid some silly money for the gauges in my car - to some folk they're just wee bits of plastic, to me I was prepared to fork out more dolla just to ensure I was the owner at the end of the sale. The flip side is, I paid almost the same money for my Volks as I did for one A'pexi gauge....some are bargains, some you just have to pay for to make sure you get them.

Phil.

That's fair enough comments guys and I completely understand what you're saying. But when trying to price something in general, is it worth putting it up for £200 because someone might be willing to pay that for it? I guess at the end of the day like you say people will just sell stuff for as much as they want ans pay what they want to pay and everyone has a different price in mind.

the bottom line is, you know what you like Phil, and you're prepared to pay for it, be it an inflated price in someone else's eyes or not.

I paid some silly money for the gauges in my car - to some folk they're just wee bits of plastic, to me I was prepared to fork out more dolla just to ensure I was the owner at the end of the sale. The flip side is, I paid almost the same money for my Volks as I did for one A'pexi gauge....some are bargains, some you just have to pay for to make sure you get them.

Phil.

Yes, nail on head.

now im the biggest cheap skate out there, but there are certain parts that you see for sale so rarely, that they come at a price.

Phil

Edited by Philm

That's fair enough comments guys and I completely understand what you're saying. But when trying to price something in general, is it worth putting it up for £200 because someone might be willing to pay that for it? I guess at the end of the day like you say people will just sell stuff for as much as they want ans pay what they want to pay and everyone has a different price in mind.

in general, its a grey area.

Apexi el 2 ? its pretty clear

Mines ecu ?

HRF front bumper ?

non smoking ashtray ?

Mk1 front bumper ?

gt advance momo gearknob and steering wheel ?

original buddyclub P1s ?

regamaster evo ?

Blitz K1 ?

Jam forged Engine?

all the above if MINT/NEW come up forsale once in a blue moon.

therefore sellers dont advertise them 'hoping to find a muppet' but rather their privileged time of ownership is up and looking to pass along a rare part to a fellow enthusiiast with the knowledge that the person paying them, wont ever lose money on their purchase.

So they are not being had, rather just offered a privilege at a price.

(im not saying the above parts are all things id want, mines ecu i wouldnt trust and blitz k1 i wouldbe looking more power... etc etc but their are people who appreciate all of the above and much more.

i couldnt even start into optional extras as the majority dont interest me at all. (though remote central locking and passenger seat undertray i only realised i would miss when they were gone!!

Though dont get me wrong i agree that people sell general tat for money just cause they can.

Thankfully general tat can be picked up from mates/breakers for very little.

Phil

Edited by Philm

Yes, nail on head.

now im the biggest cheap skate out there, but there are certain parts that you see for sale so rarely, that they come at a price.

Phil

ditto. My days of spending big dolla on the EP are long over (hopefully), however, when that A'pexi oil pressure gauge came up, i took it from my savings account because I simply had to have it and was prepared to spend the money.

that said, I take Addzz's point, alot of stuff is just silly priced these days, its partly the reason my parts buying has stopped. Despite having the mortgage and car finance now, I still have a few quid for hobbies, and I would happily spend it on the EP to finish off the list of parts I want (front ARB, new lower arms, Cusco roll cage), but the going rate of stuff just seems to be steeper than it once was, which is where the circle of personal contacts comes right into its own, my K1 is the prime example of what would other wise have been a prohibitively expensive purchase, and Jay is a resource beyond adequate description, queue the example of my OEM pedals.

Phil.