Oil filter blown off block

Would cause this to happen? I'm guessing high oil pressure, but what would be the main cause? Car has run fine in its current setup for ages. Got catch can, breather on top of cam cover, pcv valve goes to catch can, hybrid turbo. Nothing unusual, but the filter literally being blown off the block, even though it was tightened correctly.

Over tightened at some state and threads poor??

Yeh what i'd say to , did you replace the filter yourself recently or been on there since you got it ?

Saying that if i was lose you would of lost alot of oil age's ago ?

As above theres no way a oil fitler can blow off through oil pressure.the filter itself would pop ages before the thread as its only thin tin metal.

only factor can be a fucked thread as has been mentioned.thats all it cuda been.

Maybe. The thread looked damaged slightly after it had come off, but I don't know if it was already like that. Been on the car 6 weeks.

What about the oil pressure valve in the sump? Could it be blocked and create high oil pressure?

Edited by mork

If it was an oil pressure problem the chances are something else would have given up first! E.g. Gasket/seal So I highly doubt it's an oil pressure issue ( would take ALOT of pressure to blow the filter clean off ) Chances are the filter has fallen of due to not being tightened correctly or threads have been ripped out therefore nothing is holding filter to the housing... Or could have been double sealed as already mentioned.

Hope this helps mate :)

Edited by Sefton-EP91