I Just wanted to update the mebers on the small matter iof JAE 2008. I know there have been rumour circulating other forums that JAE 2008 isnt happening and for those who have heard these i would like to clear up that matter and set the record straight. There has been lots of enquireies as to when and where this years JAE was going to be held i hope the following helps to clarify the confusion!!

This statement was released earlier today by John onw of the JAE organisers!!

For the last few years Claire an I have been running JAE and in that time we have seen it grow whilst still retain the spirit and of what the event is all about. Throughout the years the event has become a bigger and bigger thing to manage and I for one have never taken a penny in profit from the event. Similarly Claire has only ever taken money to cover her costs in all that time. Yes it is a big event and yes there are a lot of people, but this kind of thing costs a lot of money to put on.

After being backed into a corner last year by the showground we decided to look at how we could keep the event alive and make it even better. As a result of some discussions a company came forward to take the show over and run it professionally. For months we have been in discussions with them and recently they have stopped returning our calls despite giving us a verbal assurance and a handshake on taking over the event. Now it seems they may not have been honest to their word, which saddens me greatly and Claire too. To further add to the pain one company is even promoting the fact that JAE is no longer!!!!!

As it is today both Claire and I feel very let down and, to make matters worse, the venue have now decided they don't want the event to continue. Right now I am trying to find a new venue and am looking for people to really take on the spirit of JAE and make it the people's event that it always has been and always will be.

If you have any ideas or can help - in ANY way - then I would love to hear from you. I can't speak for Claire but the wind is completely blown from my sails right now. JAE will continue and I personally will work to make sure it happens in 2008.

If you can help or want to offer your support please let me know.

Thank you and most sincerest of apologies for not keeping everyone up to speed with progress.

Thank you

John

followed earlier tonight with a statment from Claire the other main organiser!!

I can only reiterate what John has said in his post. I am totally gutted and feel that I've let people down by one my lack of communications about this current situation that we find outselves in. For the doubters who have listened to rumors as to reasons JAE isn't on...well if I may I would like to put some things straight. Neither John nor I have made a profit on JAE. We have both remortgaged our homes in order to bring JAE to Peterborough in 2006 & 2007.

I'm stepping down from organising JAE because last year my daughter was diagnosed with a rare disease and we raised money last year for the Royal Marsden Hospital, childrens unit for toys which was a great success and I thank everyone whom took part from the bottom of our hearts. John has taken JAE on by the horns now and I will always be supportive of this event, sadly though my personal circumstances says that I can not continue as an organiser which saddens me and haven't been able to put into words what has happened in the last few months.

JAE 2008 WILL happen and your continuing support and JAE spirit will continue for ever!

Thank you

Claire

if anyone would like any more information you can view the JAE forums

www.japcarclub.com/jae/forums

or post here!!!

Please no spamming this is for information and queries only!!!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sure if they raised the cost of entrance a little bit more I'm sure no one would complain if it meant keeping JAE. A little extra from everyone adds up to a fair bit of money. I havn't been before but will feel really gutted if 2007 was the last one.

Well first things first, it would have to be UK based.

The main purpose is to get our cars on show to a decent and large event for Jap cars only which can cater a stand for us.

JAE was the biggest in UK.

Is the next biggest event Japfest? I've heard it isnt as good as JAE, hopefully we can get more feedback on this.

Joz

I've spoken to Nath and Rob about JapFest...and to put it simply, in their opinion its SHIT!

It is also far too far south for myself and joz to drive to, so i personally wont be attending it.

There is the JapTuning show aswell i believe, however, the dates of JAE the previous 2 yrs have suited me perfectly. i can attend nothing earlier than July, and if JAE aint on then i'll probably go to the Grassbop metal festival in Belgium instead this year.

Phil.

HAH! bit of a price difference there...we'll see.

Nath and Rob are helping John search for other suitabe venues. Sounds to me like the show grounds have got too snobby to want to hold a car show, twats, its not like we damaged the place!

If it doesnt go ahead then Belgium it'll be for me, the line up already is unreal!

Phil.

ive ben to thee of the ten of the best and its just not the same as jae,

what about japshow, is that not a camping event with track action also??

what belgium show are you on about philius?

Its called Graspop geo man, its a metal festival in Belgium.

confirmed ALREADY for this year are:

Whitesnake, Bullet for my Valentine, JUDAS FREAKING PRIEST and Iron Maiden. with Metallica releasing an album this year chances are high that they'll be there too. the list of bands playin will be MASSIVE!!!!!

BUT, my priority is STILL JAE!!! until it falls through and a show of equal standard is a possibilty then i aint goin to Belgium.

Phil.

ive ben to thee of the ten of the best and its just not the same as jae,

what about japshow, is that not a camping event with track action also??

what belgium show are you on about philius?

You on about japshow finale boss man?

Always liked the look of that if so

Yup G is right, there is two japshows one in June, and the Finale in October....They are 2 of the events in the HKS drag series, and the other two are in may and august i believe....I go to the japshows every year and they are pretty good. Track action, drifting and they even had a little handling track shootout thing in october....Its a little like JAE, but like said, with track action, along with loads of traders, and car club stands, which are on concrete not spread out on what basically was a large field at the showground...

You can camp there, but its not like JAE where you pitch up your tent with the car next you and leave it there....all the club stands or on the other side of the venue.

If we could get alot of members together i could contact the pod/japshow, to see if UKSC can have a stand there, if you are interested....

Regarding Muddyell question about TOTB, you can either enter through a club (not possible as UKSC havent signed up), so you will have to enter as a privateer, but theres no guarentee that you will be excepted i believe, and the competition is crazily good...

Sorry about the essay, ill try and write up a little list of possible events for 2008.

Rob

Possible 2008 Events:-

*9th February

RR Session & Bluewater Meet

Kent

*9th March 2008

The Fast Show

Santa Pod

*11th May

Performance, Tuning & Modified (PTM) Show (HKS DRAG SERIES R1!)

Santa Pod

*17th May

JapFest

Castle Combe

*1st June

Japanese Tuning Show (JTS)

Silverstone

*22nd June

Jap Show (HKS DRAG SERIES R2!)

Santa Pod

*27th July

Redline TOTB 7

Elvington Airfield

*JAE, Possbily, sometime, somewhere...

*1st-3rd August

Ultimate Street Car (USC)

Santa Pod

*9th-10th August

Rotorstock 5 (HKS DRAG SERIES R3!)

Santa Pod

*5th October

Jap Show Finale (HKS DRAG SERIES R4!)

Santa Pod

If there is anymore i can think of i will add them....:)