JAM RACING ECU REMAP? POSSIBILITIES

To anybody who knows, ive done a little bit of research into whether or not you can alter or map the JAM racing ECU or piggyback ECU or however it is classed.

Car is running very small boost 0.4 Bar, with a TD04, FMIC, Fuel/Pressure Regulator, Straight Through Decat and not 100% sure but might have an HKS actuator.

If anyone could shine some light on this area, with possiblilites and what sort of power it should be running at the moment and what it could be?

Thanks in advance.

To anybody who knows, ive done a little bit of research into whether or not you can alter or map the JAM racing ECU or piggyback ECU or however it is classed.

Car is running very small boost 0.4 Bar, with a TD04, FMIC, Fuel/Pressure Regulator, Straight Through Decat and not 100% sure but might have an HKS actuator.

If anyone could shine some light on this area, with possiblilites and what sort of power it should be running at the moment and what it could be?

Thanks in advance.

Has anyone got a photo of a mines ecu open? From memory they run a new daughter boars with the main chip on that. If so its possible the chip can be removed to be reflashed but you'd no doubt have to crack the Mines/Toyota encryption and you'd need to have someone who knows what they are doing as Toyota use fuzzy logic in their programming I've heard.

A lot of the jdm piggy backs used photosensitive chips so if you open the case it wipes them clean and alot were glued or resined to the Lid so if you opened the case it would Destroy the chip and keep there secrets safe ha that's why some people are very picky about seals intact on them

Edited by _shaun_

Can people stop this UV light myth

The programming process is not electrically reversible. To erase the data stored in the array of transistors, ultraviolet light is directed onto the die. Photons of the UV light cause ionization within the silicon oxide, which allow the stored charge on the floating gate to dissipate. Since the whole memory array is exposed, all the memory is erased at the same time. The process takes several minutes for UV lamps of convenient sizes; sunlight would erase a chip in weeks, and indoor fluorescent lighting over several years.[4] Generally the EPROMs must be removed from equipment to be erased, since it is not usually practical to build in a UV lamp to erase parts in-circuit. The Electrically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory (EEPROM) was developed to provide an electrical erase function and has now mostly displaced ultraviolet-erased parts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPROM

EPROMs are meant to be cleared by UV light. Sunlight would take weeks to earase a chip

I can just see them in the factory sitting in the dark night vision, labels and screwdrivers haha it's crazy 10 years down the line and we still are uncertain about these ecu's somebody contact zep Japan they might be able to help

JAM ecu's daughterboard runs the whole show. The data on the EPROM is encrypted and a chip on the other side of the daughterboard decrypts it before passing it to the processor. Tectom seems to be the only non-factory thing capable of reading the Toyota factory ECU, but they no longer make such a system due to pressure from Toyota.

The whole post I made recently can be found here

This is where I think about all the plug n play ecu's they are all mass produced each map must be the same from factory I read people saying that they run to whatever the previous car had on etc but I just reckon it's the health of your engine to what power you get with these, I don't want them to be altered they work just fine for the ct9 I think now days people forget it's still a 1.3 engine they want more and more from parts that work just fine how they are even if the code can get broken it's probably at it's furthest performance peak and your no better off than with the emb/emu

• 2 weeks later...